1. Who was the Spaniard that conquered the Inca?
Spanish conquistadors from Europe, in search of gold and glory. They were not professional soldiers, but
2. Where did the Europeans get their domesticated animals from?
From the Middle East. Th
1. The Caribbean is the most tourism independent region in the world. 80 % of revenue of some of the
islands is derived from the trade.
2. Climate change is the Caribbeans most pressing issue. List 5 effects of climate change on the
islands (at least 9 we
Describe the spiritual activity you performed and how it made you feelboth during the activity
and after. Include details about the writings you chose or the acts of kindness or community
service you performed.
The spiritual activity that
Chapter 7 assignment
1)What are blood diamonds used for?
Diamonds are primarily used in jewelry. They are symbols; they can be symbols of power, symbols of wealth,
and symbols of love.
2. Why is their trade hard to stop?
Diamonds are very easy to smuggle.
Watch the videos and answer the questions.
Demographics (Population Implosion) Russia. Russia has a population dilemmait is losing more people than
it can replace. Like its European neighbors, Russia is undergoing dramatic demographic change,
1. Since the 1980s China government has allowed for the return of economic enterprise.
2. What produces 1/3 of Chinas economy?
State owned enterprises produce more than a third of Chinas economic output.
3. The rural (farming) people are not happy with th
List at least 5 invasive species that have impacted South Florida. Describe if it is plant or animal.
There are several invasive species that have impacted South Florida. Some are animal species, such as the
Burmese Python native to Asia, the Lionfish nat
6. The city of Yiwu was once a small town, but now uses its supply of cheap labor to become a
major player in the economic market.
7. Chinese migrant factory workers live in dormatories that house 10 people to a room.
8. What happens to many workers on th
Ashley De Biase
Ch. 3 Death of a Nation: Russia
1. Russias main crisis today is a rapidly declining population. In the first 6
months of 2005 Russias population fell by a million. By 2050 it could lose
up to of its people. The life expectancy for the aver
Extra Credit: Africa Essay
Medical Geography is a subfield of the Geography dicipline. Medical geographers study the origin and spread
of disease throughout a landscape. The AIDS pandemic is an example of a disease that geographers track in
order to bette
Overview and History
Literacy and Education
The Nile River
The Suez Canal
Chapter 13: Kilauea: Mountain of Fire
1. The Hawaiian Islands are formed by through?
Hawaii is created by hot-spots from the planets mantle.
2. What are kipukas? What is found there?
Kipukas are areas that have older vegetation than the other areas that s