1. What is peak oil? Peak Oil, an event based on M. King Hubberts theory, is the
point in time when the maximum rate of extraction of petroleum is reached, after
which it is expected to enter terminal decline.
2. A barrel of oi
1. Who was the Spaniard that conquered the Inca? Francisco Pizarro Gonzalez
2. Where did the Europeans get their domesticated animals from? The Fertile
3. This powerful animal seemed exotic, even frightening, to the Inca when
they first laid eyes
Kilauea: Mountain of Fire
1. The Hawaiian Islands are formed by through?
Hawaii arose straight out of hotspots down in the earths mantle.
2. What are kipukas? What is found there?
A chance diversion in the lavas course can leave defiant oasis amid the
1. What are blood diamonds used for?
It was a symbol of love, affection, and faithfulness, the diamond is now increasingly
linked with war, blood, and brutality. In the diamond rich West African nation of
Sierra Leone, rebels
1. Since the 1980s China government has allowed for the return of economic
2. What produces 1/3 of Chinas economy? State owned enterprises
3. The country people are not happy with the economic change in China, and
tens of th
1. What is Russias main crisis today?
In the first six months of 2005 Russias population fell by half a million. According to the
governments own statistics, by 2050, it could lose up to half of its people. But the route of the
Climate Change and
1. The Caribbean is the most tourism independent region in the world. 80% of
revenue of some of the islands is derived from the trade.
2. Climate change is the Caribbeans most pressing issue. List 5 effects of climate
China felt it was rapidly overpopulating, and it introduced the One-Child Policy. Was it fair for the
Chinese government to impose a one-child per family limit on Chinese society? Explain your answer.
No, personally I dont believe that Chinas One-Child Po
E han/Wiu-WM?mmmm551mm l m:
de Blij Muller Nijman' STUDENT COMPANIONSITE
Geography: Realms, Regions. and Concepts, 16th Edition
6. Dallas-Ft. Worth
m e haw/buwikymwrhe—bsfsonks?mim_momma p v c M
ﬁ I SmartBooIr E hﬂW-W ' ' ’ Home Suggstedsits :2) v
' ecll Suppm Contact Us
cé) E hnpcflhigheredbG-wi- P v I! E Nmth AlricalSomlvwstAsi. x E}
ﬁ I SmarIBuul: E hﬂps’rmwvalglslkallh a Web sac: Gailery
To understand the concept of popular geopolitics, it is imperative to first understand the
concept of geopolitics. Geopolitics, in this sense, can be understood as the set of
relationships between economic and political leaders (heads of sta
While it is not the intention of this essay to discuss the entire colonial history of Sri
Lanka, it is imperative to note the Portuguese era of colonization which began in 1506
and lasted for nearly 150 years. Later on, the Dutch era began i