1. If we look at it another way like nature does garbage doesnt exist at all because in the
system of nature garbage its food for another organism for example when a living thing
die organic remains decompose because
1.) I believe that the concept of this video is how we live in a world where there are
unlimited wants for our limited resources. As she said many books tells us the story
about the production of stuff but watching this video shows how far from the truth
Story of Stuf
Contains unread posts
Actions for Story of Stuf
Alexander Azoy posted Aug 30, 2016 1:08 PM
In the short of stuf video Annie Lenoards talks about two of the three Ps, People, and Planet. I agree with
Annie in the video when she spea
Assignment 4 OCEAN DEBRIS
1) State the concept of the video by describing what problems throwaway plastics present?
Answer: The majority of the garbage we dispose ends up flowing down the rivers and seas all over the world.
Birds, fish and even plankton a
Name: Carolina Zuluaga
Professor: Phillip P. Defoe
Class: EVR 1001 Environmental Science
August 25, 2016
Dolphins are one of my favorite animals. Scientists say that these marine mammals are
one of the most intelligent mammal specie
Assignment 6 (formerly 9, e.g. in video) - Ecological Footprint
1) Report how many Earths it would take if everyone enjoyed your lifestyle. Does this number surprise you?
Answer: In the report appeared that if everyone enjoyed the type of lifestyle t
Assignment 5 THE BUZZ ABOUT BEES
1. Outline what scientists have discovered so far that has shed light on the problem? Be sure to cite at least
2 sources for your information.
Answer: Scientists have discovered so far about CCD is things such as, malnutri
Biscayne National Park
A WATERY WONDERLAND
9700 SW 328TH STREET, HOMESTEAD, FL 33033
Carolina Zuluaga | EVR 1001 | October 3, 2016
South Florida is flush with unique natural beauty. As the tip of a peninsula,
surrounded by the s
1. According to nature waste really does not exist. Although we may think nature
has waste all over, our thinking habits are incorrect for the world we live in today.
In the YouTube video the graduate explains one systems in nature creates so
favorite animal is the White Bengal Tiger. As you may know, the Bengal Tiger is known mostly for its
orange pigment, thats why I chose the white one. Its believed that they are Albino or White Tigers
Review Questions Chapter 2
1) Sustainable development means:
a) human activities have no connection to the environment.
b) short term individual welfare is a priority.
c) economic prosperity, socially equitable decisions, together with protection of the e
Review Questions Chapter 5
1) Ecology is defined as the environmental study of
a) alternative energy.
b) biotic and abiotic components.
d) green politics.
2) What is the lowest level of ecological organization?
Review Questions Chapter 1
1) Families from highly developed countries.
a) have fewer opportunities for education, income and health care.
b) consume a disproportionate share of natural resources.
c) have individual resource requirements that are low.
1) The Arctic National Wildlife Reserve sets aside a natural area to protect it from
human activities. This is an example of
c) frontier attitude.
d) full cost accounting.
2) The Civi
EVR1009 FINAL EXAM REVIEW SHEET
Levels of organization (atoms biosphere)
The four spheres
Characteristics of Life
Definition of ecology
Biotic vs. abiotic components of ecosystems
Producers vs. consumers
Types of consumers
1. What is the difference between a software application and an operating system?
2. Describe a use for a software applications. You can pick any one you wish.
3. Describe a use for an operating system. You can pick any one you wish.
4. Give an example of
1 / 1 point
Which of the following is most important to amphibian reproduction?
Which of the following are tree dominated ecosystems?
1 / 1 point
All of the following contribute to the diversity of ecosystems in Florida except
Florida spans the temperate and subtropical climate zones.
Florida is a peninsula with over 1350 miles of coastline
There are great changes
1) Using your knowledge of the energy pyramid, explain why more people can be fed if they eat grains
and vegetables than if they eat a diet high in meat.
2) After viewing the two videos, describe and discuss one concern mentioned in the Meatrix videos
Invasive Species in Florida/ Everglades National Park
Burmese Python - Python bivitattus
The Burmese python is from the Pythonidaefamily,itisclassifiedareptileandis
consideredacarnivore, which means its diet is fresh meat. Its normal habitat is fresh wate
Discussion 6 Salt Water Intrusion
1) Discuss how salt water can contaminate freshwater wells taking into consideration the
mechanism of contamination and location of the wells.
1. Saltwater can contaminate freshwater by a process called Drawing down. Duri
Identify ﬂ'le FALSE slatement in the choices below.
0 The oceanic rovince is n ativel im ed b cverﬁshin .
P 99 ‘1' pact ‘f 9
O The oceanic province is negatively impacted by polluiants.
O The oceanic province is negaﬁvely impacted by dama
The deeumpusers of the ocean are found primarily in the
O oceanic province
x G) neritic province
0 mnﬁnental slop-I!
# O henﬂ'lus
Divers shnuld not much the reefs they visit hemuse
x G) coral polyps are fragile and are easily killed
The rock-hard coral skeleton is composed ofcalcium carbonate (limestone).
1/ CD Tm
Maggie tastudfnum is
O a fossil found in limastona.
J CD also 'known as turtlo grass
0 an algae
O a mollusk
O a fora minafaran
All of the following are abioﬁc facto
Coral reefs gnawI I:In|1|r in shallow. warm, ulnar waters.
Reef building Durals require warm, deep, polluted, dear water in order ta survive.
The coral polyp is a suft bodied algae.
1. The concept of the video is to explain how hard is to recycle plastic and how throwaway plastics take a
lot of space and do not biodegrade. It mentions that Plastic cannot be purified by the re-melting process
like it happens with glass and
1. The Earthquakes USGS focus on monitoring and report earthquakes, and as part of their effort they try
to provide relevant earthquake science information and knowledge to reduce deaths, injuries, and
property damage from earthquakes. They als
1. No, and according to the video there is no garbage or waste because in nature one system is garbage,
but that might be food for another system. This is the whole point of nature and teracycle we do not see
garbage, we need to see waste as raw material