Mathematics of Music Activity
Download the Mathematics of Music activity sheet (in Resources).
This activity sheet is a pdf form. You will need Adobe Reader 11 to be able to fill out and Save the completed
Complete the lab, Mathematics of Music.When
Exploring electric charges
PURPOSE: USE SIMULATIONS TO EXPLORE ELECTROSTATIC INTERACTIONS
In this online lab you will use simulations to check your knowledge regarding electrostatic interactions.
Balloons and Static Electricity Simulation
We will start wi
THE MECHANICAL UNIVERSE
Video 18. Waves
1. What state of the art physics experiment was attempted at the
end of the 17th century?
measure the speed of sound
2. Describe how Isaac Newton attempted to measure the speed of
He measured a c
Standing Waves on a String
From your observations complete the following by filling in the
blanks with the correct numbers.
1st Harmonic standing wave
2nd Harmonic standing wave
3rd Harmonic standing wave
THE MECHANICAL UNIVERSE Name:
Video 17. Resonances
1. What phenomenon can cause a wine glass to break?
2. What famous bridge fell due to resonance?
Tacoma Narrows Bridge
3. What determines the quality of a fine instrument?
the vibration o
ART 111 Quiz 1
Answer the following questions. Include a picture of the work of art you have selected (does
not have to be in color). Typed; Hard copy handed in on Tuesday 10/13 at beginning of class.
1. The category I have selected is:
In my quiz my focus will be Places of Worship. A place of worship is a structure or a
consecrated space where people or groups of people go to perform acts of devotion, veneration,
or religious studies. A place like this is sometimes c
Journal Entry #8: Globalization
1. The three trends the narrator uses are populations growth, environmental growth, and
2. How has globalization affected society over the last 400 years?
What are the benefits of globalization?
What is g