Homework Assignment 10
1. What was one of the three fatal errors of Literary Digests 1936 straw poll?
C The response rate was low
2. What is the correct term for an unscientific survey used to gauge public opinion on a
variety of issue
Homework Assignment 5
1. The Fourteenth Amendment, which provided legal protection for the rights of citizens,
did NOT include
2. Why did Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott found the first womans rights
movement in the ni
Homework Assignment 6
1. Which power is NOT granted to Congress in Article I?
D Overruling Supreme Court decision
2. All of these describe the House of Representative EXCEPT:
D Decentralized power
3. Much of the controversy surrounding
Homework Assignment 8
1. What was the primary goal of the spoils system?
A To reward political allies for their support
2. Which act of Congress established a merit system of federal employment?
B Pendleton Act
3. Bureaucratic agencies
1. Which amendment did the Court use to make some provisions of the
Bill of Rights applicable to the states?
2. Which of the following was NOT used as an argument against adding
a bill of rights to the Constitu
Homework Assignment 9
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Congresss constitutional powers over the
C Veto a Supreme Court decision
2. Which of the following paved the way for the courts to become a co-equal branch?
1. Under the Constitution, both the national and state governments
c. are accountable to the people
2. The Tenth Amendment provides for
a. States reserved powers
3. In Gibbons vs Ogden, the U.S. Supreme Cour
Homework Assignment 7
1. Which of the following is a requirement to become president of the United States?
A Be at least 35 years old
2. Which of the following is a constitutional duty of the vice president?
A In the event of an emerge