Unit 4 Assignment 1: Compromising an Online System
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
You will be able to explore how a Linux system can get compromised.
You will examine ways in which a well-secured Linux filesystem can mitigate risks.
Lab 3-Assessment Worksheet
1. Within a Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 environment, who has access rights
to the EFS features and functions in the server? The users.
2. There are three modes of access control that Bitlocker can enable on
Until now you have learned that to determine if your security controls are correct, you have to compare
existing controls and settings to one or more baselines. You should be able to compare configuration
settings of your systems w
Anti-malware shield Software that intercepts all incoming information, scanning each
message or file for malware.
Anti-spyware software Software designed to detect and mitigate spyware.
Antivirus software Software designed
Pg. 128 Chapter 6 Assessment
1. A - True
2. 90 - 120
3. C Group Policy should implement security policy
4. B - Management
5. A Local Group Policy Editor
6. B - False
7. Active Directory
8. B - Policies
10. A Security filter
Chapter 5 Assessment Pgs. 102, 103
1. A - Worm
2. C - Rootkit
3. D - Trojan
4. B - Signature
5. A Heuristic analysis
6. D 6,000
7. B - Vault
8. A - Shield
9. C Windows Defender
10. D Malware that is actively exploiting an unknown vuln
Lab 4 Deliverables
1. No threats were found when the scan was ran.
Lab 4 Deliverables
2. No threats were found when Windows Defender was Ran
Lab 4 Deliverables
LAB 4 Assessment
1. What is the one
Tried to screenshot encrypting the document folder but it does not work. I have screen shot the
Encrypting the drive. (You gave me permission to send it in like this
LAB 2 Deliverables #1
I used a Shop floor user and tried to create a document and save it in the HRfiles folder and the
above is the error that occurs. This means that Shop Floor users do not have access to write
documents in the HR folder. This error wou
2.1 Research Assignment
October 6, 2013
Today I am going to explain about three different commands which are related to the
system as Linux. Linux has many different kinds of command that we can use but for me I will
A. What is a delimiter?
A. A arrangement of one or more characters used to specify the limit between separate,
independent regions in plain text or other data stream.
B. What are the symbols (*) and (.) used for in regular e
1. Which company originally created NIS under the name Yellow Pages, and then
later changed the name since it was owned by another corporation?
A. Sun Microsystems
2. What configuration
What change is necessary to make sendmail listen to all network traffic on port 25?
What file would you edit?
"hello" change and you have to edit the mail server file.
1. JetDirect, LPD/LPR, IPP, and SMB.
2. It is The Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
3. lpadmin, a CUPS web interface, and system config printer.
Itt Tech Linux Assignment 6.1
1. What kind of server responds to recursive queries? How does this server work?
A DNS server that is setup with to perform recursive queries or an SQL
Homework Assignment 4.1
1. Submit written answers to the following questions:
a. What command can be used to view a list of directory hierarchies, including the
file system type? The DIR command in MS-DOS and Windows comma
Itt Tech Linux Assignment 5.1
A. How is vsftpd more secure than most other FTP servers?
VSFTPD is more secure than FTPD, because it does not run with root
B. What is the
1. What is Mandatory Access Control? Why is it better than Discretionary Access
* Mandatory access control (MAC) refers to a type of access control by which the
Homework Assignment 1.1
1. List the number and name of each runlevel as used by Fedora/Red Hat Linux.
0 = Halt Shuts down the system
1 = Single User Mode for administrative tasks
2 = Multiuser without NFS - Doe