List three indications for
Patients with a
functional GI tract that
support, at least 2-3 ft.
2. Oral intake is insufficient
3. Used in certain
Outpatient/Obesity Study Guide
Name two assessment methods of weight /obesity status and the values
used to identify healthy weight, overweight, and obesity:
#1 Body Mass
#2 Body Fat
I. Terminology Define the following terms
Appendectomyremoval of the appendix via surgery.
Cholecystectomysurgical removal of the gallbladder via open cholecystectomy or, more
commonly, the laparoscopic approach.
Describe the following psychiatric illnesses and the potential nutritional implications:
a. This is defined as a psychiatric disorder that is characterized by losing touch
Nutrition Support Rotation/Cornerstone
1. List the roles of a registered dietitian in rehabilitation.
1. Determine ideal body weight, caloric needs, and nutritional needs
2. Determine specialized diets
3. Provide dietary modifications fo