1. Distinguish between the five main types of lipoproteins and their function in terms of
lipid transport and the development of atherosclerosis.
Types of Lipoproteins
(Highly Desirable L)
1. Differentiate between a strain and a sprain in regards to pathophysiology,
clinical manifestations and diagnosis.
Strain- Tear or injury to a tendon
Commonly results from sudden stretch of a muscle that is actively
Inflammatory response d
1. Discuss the causes of neutropenia and the mechanism of symptom production in
Leukopenia- Absolute deficiency in WBCs
o Significant decrease or absence of neutrophils
o Neutrophil count is
1. Differentiate between endocrine hypo function and hyper function with
regard to causes and pathology.
Hypofunction- Can occur for a variety of reasons
Can result in the absence or impaired development of an endocrine gland or the absence
of an enzyme n
Fluid and Electrolytes Objectives
1. Identify the components and compartmental distribution of body fluids and
identify the components that are measured clinically.
A. Intracellular fluid (ICF)- consists of fluid contained within all of the trillions of c