1. Violations of civil laws can result in imprisonment.
2. The common law in each state is the same.
3. Terms of a consulting contract is an example of private law.
4. Which of the following is not a purpose law?
a. Keeping order
1. The instrastate registration exemption requires that 100 percent of the offerrees be residents of
the same state as the issuer.
2. A Section 12 violation results from making a material misstatement in a registration statement.
1. The act of state doctrine precludes outside interference in expropriation.
2. Repatriation is the limitation on removal of profits earned in a country from that country
3. Under the doctrine of sovereign immunity, commercial transaction
Investment in securities (stocks, bonds, etc) This is called portfolio investment.
Investment in production facilities in foreign countries by multinational corporations. This is
called foreign direct investment (FDI)
Investment in securities c