Chapter 18Real Estate Appraisal
1. The most commonly used methods of real estate appraisal are
a. market approach, income, and cost.
2. When the appraiser has decided to use the market approach, which of the following conditions would disq
Chapter 25Land-Use Control
1. A licensed agent must be aware of local zoning ordinances for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
b. licensees must report zoning violations to the proper authorities.
2. A licensed agent must be diligent to d
Chapter 14Types of Financing
1. The interest rate of a loan from a local savings and loan may be increased or decreased during the life of the loan.
This is an example of
a. a variable interest rate.
2. All of the following may be used for
Test 2 Key Terms Finance 321
1 Accretion- the process of land build-up by waterborne rock, sand, and soil.
2 Accession- the addition to land by man or nature.
3 Acknowledgment- a formal declaration by a person signing a document that he or she,
Chapter 8Real Estate Sales Contracts
1. A real estate purchase agreement contract used by a multiple listing member may be all of the following
d. statement of the buyers costs.
2. An earnest money agreement signed by all parties is
an article of personal property
the right or privilege one party has to use land belonging to another for a special purpose not inconsistent with the
owner's use of the land
the right of government to take private
Chapter 9Mortgage and Note
1. A promissory note
b. is the primary evidence of a loan.
2. In the United States, the instrument most commonly used to evidence a debt on real property is
a. a promissory note.
3. A borrower who wanted to make
Finance 321 Test 1 Definitions
1. Acre- a unit of land measurement that contains 43,560 square feet.
2. Adaptation of the Object- how the object is adapted to the building.
3. Air Lot- a designated airspace over a parcel of land
4. Air Rights-
Chapter 13Sources of Financing
1. A primary mortgage lender is one who
c. lends to borrowers, services the loans and perhaps sells the instruments to another.
2. From whom would a borrower obtain a VA or FHA loan?
a. Approved mortgage lend
Chapter 17Real Estate Leases
1. Upon termination of a rental contract,
b. possession is returned to the lessor.
2. If a lease must be acknowledged for recording, whose signature should be acknowledged?
3. If a lease were signed b
CHAPTER 8: Real Estate Sales Contracts
I. Discuss the Purpose of Sales Contracts
II. Discuss the typical Purchase Contract
A. Need for Earnest Money Deposit?
B. Deed and Condition of Title as a
C. Closing Agent, why have one?
Melissa, great post, I am glad that you mentioned and elaborated on the fact that corporate
success has recently been closely tied to public opinion. You stated that in the textbook, there is
a sort of unwritten social contract that a corporation has the
Finance - is the study of applying specific value to things we own, Services we use, and decisions
example of Finance - shares of stock in a company, payments on a home mortgage, the purchase
of an entire firm, and the personal decision to retire
Chapter 1: Introduction to financial management
a. Finance is the study of applying specific value to things we own, services we use, and
decisions we make.
b. Financial management concentrates on valuing things fro
a. Most debt and investment applications of time value of money feature multiple cash
b. Most situations require many equal payments over time
Future value of multiple cash flows
a. In business and personal life, cash flows of different types are paid and received in the
b. Factors to consider when making time value of money decisions
i. Size of the cash flows
a. Financial statements real value lies in the fact that managers, investors,
and analysts can use the info that statement contains to analyze the
current financial performance or condition of the firm
1. The decisions of firms concerning which projects to invest in fall into which sub-area of
Financial institutions and markets.
Which of the following corporate d
PRACTICE FINAL EXAM (Answers provided at practice tests end)
The following questions are worth 3 points each. Provide the single best response.
1. The primary goal of a publicly-owned firm interested in serving its stockholders should be to
a. Maximize ex