In a database, the primary key field is used to _:
a) specify an entity
b) create linked lists
c) uniquely identify a record
d) identify duplicated data
e) none of the above
In a relational database, the customer record contains information regarding the
An example of a computer system designed to accommodate multiple users
simultaneously is a _.
E. wearable computer
A _ is used in large enterprises for extensive computing applications that are
1. In one-to-one marketing, a company does not have to change its behavior toward
different customers, but can treat them all as royalty.
2. The basic idea of CRM is to treat different customers differently.
3. The basic idea of CRM i
1. Which of the following is not an advantage of computer-aided software engineering
a) can produce systems with longer effective operational lives
b) can produce systems that more closely meet user requirements
c) can require fewer developers
1. IT applications can be developed in which of the following ways?
a) build the system in-house
b) buy an application and install it
c) lease software from an application service provider
d) outsource it
e) all of the above
2. The information syst
1. If a firm shuts down its old COBOL legacy system and starts up the new PeopleSoft
ERP system immediately, this is called _:
a) phased conversion
b) direct conversion
c) parallel conversion
d) pilot conversion
2. As systems age, maintenance costs
1. _ reports are produced at scheduled intervals.
a) ad hoc
2. _ reports contain special information not found in routine reports.
a) ad hoc
1. Which of the following are disadvantages of the buy option for acquiring IS
a) software may not exactly meet the companys needs
b) software may be impossible to modify
c) company will not have control over software improvements
Why cant IM work as simply as email?
Instant Messaging and Email are two very different things. Email uses SMTP which is
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which is the main email standard for originating user
agent and the mail transfer ag
1. In the _ process, individual OfficeMax stores purchase goods in minimum
quantities, which were determined by the supplier's minimum-order quantities rather
than the store's needs.
A) direct-to-forecast environment
B) direct-to-stock environment
1. _ feasibility addresses the human issues of an information systems project.
2. _ feasibility concerns a firms policies and politics, power structures, and business relationships.
A(n) _ is a computer technology, modeled after concepts from biological
systems, that attempts to simulate massively parallel processing of interconnected
elements in a network architecture.
a) expert system
b) speech understanding system
c) computer visi
1. Structured design advocates the use of software modules. Which of the following
items are advantages of this approach?
a) modules can be reused
b) modules cost less to develop
c) modules are easier to modify
d) all of the above
2. Structured pro
1. General Motors attempted to market a car named Nova (meaning no go in Spanish)
in Spanish-speaking countries, with very poor results. This is an example of:
a) legal difference
b) political difference
c) cultural difference
d) localization difference
1. The bullwhip effect comes from which of the following?
a) poor demand forecast
b) price fluctuations
c) order batching
d) rationing within the supply chain
e) all of the above
2. Which of the following is not responsible for the bullwhip effect?
1. Which of the following is not a goal of supply chain management?
a) reduce uncertainty along the supply chain
b) decrease inventory levels
c) increase cycle time
d) improve customer service
e) improve business processes
2. IOSs result in all of the fol
1. Distribution or dispersal takes place in the downstream segment of the supply chain.
2. Distribution or dispersal takes place in the internal segment of the supply chain.
3. The flow of goods and information in a supply chain can b
1. Organizational transactions are typically _ volume, _, and therefore _
a) low, repetitive, difficult
b) high, repetitive, easy
c) high, different, difficult
d) low, different, easy
e) high, different, easy
2. Characteristics of transact
1. Which of the following is not a benefit of EDI?
a) data entry errors are minimized
b) length of messages is longer
c) messages are secured
d) fosters collaborative relationships
e) reduced cycle time
2. The limitations of EDI include which of the follo