Race: Black/African American
My family and friends sometimes joke and other times have serious conversation of what
it means to be a young black male in the United States of America. My family would
1. Three problems faced in the Baltimore community:
- Domestic Violence
- Lack of Education
2. These troubles are all mostly public issues.
3. I feel that the main cause for these problems are social inequalities. This is mainly
I am a:
Home county: Prince Georges County, MD
Hometown: Suitland, MD
5 stats related to Suitland MD (from the http:/www.census.gov/ site):
Population, Census, April 1, 2010: 25,825
Persons under 18, percent, April 1, 2010: 27.6%
White alone, percen
I am a:
One experience that shapes my ideology of who I am in relation to other people is the
first time Ive been thought to be from out of my home state. This story is very recent as it goes
back only two years ago. I attended an all black college at
1. Score: 10
2. Out of the sample size of 250 surnames listed, I only knew 10. This would go to show
that my network, in this case, is very small in relation to the sample size given.
3. Things that can influence the size of my network are thin
My Strengths and Weaknesses Communicating
Communication is essential to our existence. It is the sole reason why we are able to
express ideas and build relationships so effectively. Communication also comes in different
forms and styles. Even though these
Thesis Statement: According to the text given, the image of white America in films and other media can be
seen by its context in older films/ cartoons, current films, and in TV shows.
Point 1: older films/ cartoons
-Youtube video "Ethic Notations" -showin
I am a:
SENSATION AND PRECEPTION:
Sensation: Receive signals from environment.
Perception: Organizing and interpreting signals.
Absolute Thresholds: Lowest level of intensity detected 50% of the time.
Vision: Candle flame from 30 miles away.
Smell: One drop of pe
Tolerance: Effect of drug lessens overtime so you take/do more.
Withdrawal: When drugs are not available and symptoms begin. (Shaking, nausea, ect)
Addiction: 2 PARTS
Physical Dependence: Using drug to maintain bodily c
Exam 3 Study Guide
Functionalism - the theory that various social institutions and processes in society exist to serve some
important (or necessary) function to keep society running.
Conict Theory - the idea that conflict between competing intere
Concept Guide: Exam 2
Listed below, by chapter, are the concepts that you should know for the second exam. Using your
notes and your text, you should be able to define and apply these concepts.
Chapter 4: Socialization and the Construction of Reality
25 April 2017
1. Sam Killerman defines gender identity, gender expression, and biological sex in his TED
talk. Gender identity is how an individual defines their gender in their head.
7 February 2017
1. Demographic profile:
b. 18 years old
c. Bengali American
2. According to my family, being a young 18 year old Bengali female means I have
28th March 2016
1. Three problems of the Baltimore community include the riots in Baltimore of 2015, drug
abuse, and health disparities.
2. All of these problems are public issues, be
2 May 2017
1. Everyone and anything that can have any type of influence on an individual, is the cause
and elimination of racism. When a child grows up, everything around them i
14 February 2017
1. List of statistics on Burtonsville, MD:
a. Population: 8,323 (April 2010)
b. White alone population: 33.3%
c. Foreign born present 31.7%
d. Bachelors degree
11 April 2017
1. To learn about each social class, the best way to gain the knowledge is to do it first hand.
Living amongst each social class will give the full experience.
2. To ga
Concept Guide Exam 1
was primarily the conflicts between classes that drove social change throughout history
each economic system had its own fault lines of conflict
historical materialism, identifi
Criminology & Penology
Test 1 Handout
1. Definition of a crime Crime is an intentional act or omission in violation of criminal law,
committed without defense or justification and sanctioned by the state as a felony or
Criminology & Penology
Handout for Test 2
In what year was the murder rate in the United States at the highest annual rate for the twentieth
In some states, invol
different types of
Treatment for Criminal
Postlab Questions 25
Turns to violet purple solution.
white percipitate formed
turned into a blue-green solution
yellow precipitate formed
ethylene glycol is HOCH2CH2OH. It is soluble in water because the dipole-dipole forces
among the OH bet
Post—Lab Questions: Chen Chu
3) The student should use a graduate cylinder so they can accurately measure the 45.3ml to the
4) The inner core is the hottest. (Between blue and orange ﬂame)