CSE 794Q Homework 3
Due: Wednesday, April 28, by class time
1. What RC4 key value will leave S unchanged during initialization? That is, after the initial permutation of S, the entries will be equal to the values from 0 through 255 in ascending order. (Hi
CSE 794Q Homework 2
Due: Wednesday, April 21 by class time
1. Consider an encryption scheme (G, E, D). Show that if the encryption algorithm E is deterministic (rather than probabilistic), then the encryption scheme cannot be multipleciphertext indistingu
CSE 794 Homework 5
Due: Wednesday, May 26 by class time
1. Fix the RSA modulus n, and assume there is an adversary A running in time t for which
* Pr A x e mod N x : x u Z N 0.01.
That is, A can decrypt the ciphertext of a random message x with probabili
CSE 794 Homework 4
Due: Wednesday, May 5 by class time
Midterm exam: Monday, May 10, open book, covering up to hash and MAC.
1. Let f k :cfw_0,1n cfw_0,1n
be a family of n-bit pseudorandom functions.
Construct a MAC scheme for messages of leng
CSE 794 Homework 1
Due: Monday, April 12 by class time
1. Show that if an encryption scheme is perfectly secret and M K C , then all ciphertexts have the same probability, i.e., Pr c
1 for all c C. |C |
2. For any fixed integer n 0, Vernams one-time pa
CSE 794: Introduction to Cryptography
Time: MWF 1:30-2:18 Course Description: Cryptography is a fascinating subject. Imagine that you can encrypt a secret message m simply as c : m3 mod n (where n is public information) and nobody e
Cryptosystems Based on Discrete Logarithms
Discrete Logarithm Problem Cryptosystems Based on Discrete Logarithm
Encryption Digital signature
Discrete logarithm problem (DLP)
A group G is cyclic if there is an element G of order |G|. Let (G,
794Q: Introduction to Cryptography Spring 2010
Also known as asymmetric-key cryptography. Each user has a pair of keys: a public key and a private key. The public key is used for encryption. The key
Cryptographic Hash Functions and Message Authentication Codes
Reading: Chapter 4 of Katz & Lindell
A function mapping from a domain to a smaller range (thus not injective). Applications: i Fast lookup (hash tables) i Error detection/correct
Reading assignment: Chapter 2 Chapter 3 (sections 3.1-3.4) You may skip proofs, but are encouraged to read them.
Theory of symmetric-key encryption What is a symmetric-key encryption scheme? What does it mean to say tha
Reading assignment: Chapter 1 of Katz & Lindell
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
1. secret writing 2. the enciphering and deciphering of messages in secret code or cipher.
Scientific study of techniques for securing digital