Rapoport The Four Waves of Rebel Terror
1. Name and give a very brief (a sentence?) description of each of the four waves of
sure to give their corresponding dates.
-In the 1880s, the Anarchist Wave, which continued for about
1.) The main thesis of Crenshaws article is that the proposition that a new terrorism is
taking hold in the world, and that there was a different old terrorism before this new
trend of so called religious terrorists em
Polysci 548 Reading Guide 2
1. List, and briefly describe, the four criteria Ash gives us to decide whether someone is a
terrorist, and, if they are, what kind of terrorist
1.) Biography-Ask the questions, Who are they, where are they coming
Political Science 548
Reading Guide 1
1. He says it has two targets-The immediate, direct target, which is of secondary
importance, and the indirect target, which is really important. The indirect aim being to
force someone to do something t
The Intellectual Origins of Modern Terrorism in Europe Martin Miller
* You only have to read through page 58.
Keep in mind that Miller is looking at terrorism in Europe from the late 18
century to WWI.
1. Give me a skeletal sketch of the highlights of the