Questions for sample presentation
1) Does this presentation have a thesis and if so what is it?
Wonder woman = sexually objectified or powerful? Both! Binary.
2) What is working well in this presentation? What could be improved? (Be specific)
How he frames: himself, his audience, education, success
Himself: Frames himself as a far from perfect specimen in life. Highlights his lower
education, lies, mistakes, how he doesnt make plans etc. Admits to how successes have
Tyranny of the Test
1) Critique of standardized tests
a. System NCLB mandates = unfair or hollow
2) General public school education
3) A lot of money is being spent on a possibly poorly performing program.
Gareth Sracks Ignite Presentation
presents main idea
put in your own words
go into greater detail(breaking down)
find deeper meaning or move toward a related/new idea
an analytical argument makes claims for how something
This is Water
o Organizing, using default, self-centered
o Explanation of choice
o Grocery store example (sympathetic)
o Alone, dead, suicide
o Permission to sweat
o The word you
o Alaskan story (e
Primary Source: document or physical object, which was written or created during the
time under study. These were present during an experience or time period and offer an
inside view of a particular event.
Original Document: diaries, speeches