What are the key attributes of the Customer-Contact Matrix?
How do process structures in services differ along these attributes?
How does high customer contact differ from low customer contact in service processes?
How does the degree of customer conta
What are the four competitive priorities and competitive capabilities?
How are competitive priorities and competitive capabilities different?
- Competitive priorities: critical dimensions that a process or supply chain must possess to satisfy its interna
Why is operations (& supply chain) management important to business survival?
In your own words, what is operations (& supply chain) management about?
- Operations management systematic design, direction and control of processes that transform inputs int
How are x-bar/ R charts constructed, interpreted, and used for monitoring transformation processes?
How are the upper and lower control limits on the X-bar chart related to process tolerance
limits and customer specification limits?
- Range chart (R-char
What is Six Sigma? Where did Six Sigma come from?
- Six Sigma: comprehensive and flexible system for achieving, sustaining, and maximizing business success by
minimizing defects and variability in processes
- Differs from TQM in that it is driven by a clo
What are the key assumptions to using the EOQ formula for lot-sizing decisions?
How does the EOQ change when the demand, ordering cost/setup cost, or holding costs
At EOQ, what is the relationship between Annual Ordering Cost and Annual Holding
What is an expansionist strategy? A wait-and-see strategy? A follow-the-leader strategy?
What the advantages and disadvantages of each strategy?
How do these strategies relate to capacity cushion? Utilization?
Which key capacity management decisions ar
How is the product mix based on TOC different from the traditional approach?
- Traditional approach accepts as much of the highest contribution margin product as possible, followed by the
- TOC approach uses the best product mix according t
What are the costs involved in managing for quality?
What is the relationship among prevention costs, appraisal costs, internal failure costs, and
external failure costs?
Which costs category should be maximized (minimized)?
Which costs category tends to
What is a control chart?
How are attribute control charts (e.g., p chart and c chart) different from variables control
charts (e.g., x-bar/ R charts)?
What do control charts reveal about a transformation process?
- Control Chart: time-ordered diagram us