What is process analysis? What are the steps involved in process analysis?
How can one get a "detailed understanding" of the process?
- Process Analysis: the documentation and detailed understanding of how work is performed and how it can be
Toni rigatoni - 5
Part 1: Introduction
The captivating experiences of Ishmael Beah throughout his book A Long Way Gone:
Memoirs of a Boy Solider emphasize the difficulty of establishing a sustainable family structure.
Beahs search for stability draws a pa
How does the method of 5S help build a lean system?
- 5S: methodology for organizing, cleaning, developing, and sustaining a productive work environment
Sort , Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain workplace practices that are conducive to visual contr
How can the probability increase of completing a project by a specific time?
- Monitor project status using systems that track open issues, risk, and schedule status
What is a supply chain? What is supply chain management?
Is it true that only manufactur
Why engage in brainstorming? Benchmarking?
- Purpose of brainstorming is to encourage creativity and to get as many ideas as possible, no matter how farfetched it is
- Benchmarking: systematic procedure that measures a firms processes, services, and produ
What factors and pitfalls should be considered in outsourcing or offshoring?
- Factors of considering outsourcing or offshoring:
Comparative labor costs
Rework and product returns (if labor is cheap but quality is low, what is the cost of reworking prod
In order to ensure project success:
What roles does a project manager play and why are these important?
How should project team members be selected?
What impact does organizational structure (i.e., functional, pure project, matrix)?
What purposes do p
What is a critical path?
How is a critical path related to the concept of slack?
How is slack related to ES, EF, LS, and LF times?
If only Activity B succeeds Activity A, how is the ES time of Activity
B related to the EF time of Activity A?
If only Acti
How can the performance of a specific supply chain design be determined based on inventory measures?
What basic information do inventory measures of Average Aggregate Inventory Value, Weeks
of Supply, and Inventory Turnover provide?
What is a process chart?
In a transformation process, what are activities of operations, transportation, inspection,
delay, and storage?
- Process Chart: an organized way of documenting all the activities performed by a person or group of people at a
To build a lean system, why is it important to have:
Close supplier ties?
How does a JIT II sourcing arrangement help to build close buyer-supplier
Small lot sizes by reducing setup times?
Pull method of work flow instead of a Push metho