CH 8 GLOBAL TRADE
Sugar cane history map
Treaty of Paris
From states to MNC
Globalization of Free Trade
a. How undermined?
From comparative to competitive advantage
Free trade, ye
CHAPTER 5: GLOBAL TERRORISM
FACTOR CONDUCIVE TO TERRORISM
Legitimate grievances & failure of governments
Lack of democracy & violation of human rights
CH 9: GLOBAL INEQUALITY AND POVERTY
DOES INEQUALITY MATTER
1. Role of Globalization?
2. Consequences of extreme inequality re poverty (perpetuate)
3. Extreme inequality perpetuates what and in what ways? (inequality perpetuating instit
The Global Financial Crisis
CAUSES OF THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS
Asian financial crisis
Bogles perspective re social change in U.S.?
Deregulation of Financial Markets
Global trade and global financial liberalizati
Cultural Clashes and Conflict Resolution
Cultural Influences on Conflict
What is a culture
4560 REPORT TWO TOPICS AND GUIDELINES
1. The second country report will be an individual effort and relate to the same country of the
2. The group members will agree among themselves as to who will research and report on one
of the following
Economics (or) International Studies 4560
Country Profile for:
(Name of country)
Report writers name here (Baker, Robert)
Group coordinators name here
(Followed alphabetically by last name of rest of group members)
GLOBAL ISSUES: CHALLENGES OF GLOBALIZATION
1. How is a "theory" defined?
2. In thetransition from international relations to global issues,whatadditional playersneed to be recognized?
3. What is the role of "interdependence" in this transition?
4. What ar