1. I would select the RepNum, FirstName and LastName from the Rep table
2. I would use SELECT * FROM Item WHERE ItemNum = FH24
3. I would use
SELECT Orders.OrderNum, Orders.OrderDate, Orders.CustomerNum, Customer.CustomerName
INNER JOIN Custom
Due Wednesday, September 30, 2015; by the end of the day.
To gain more experience and familiarity using MySQL to create useful queries of databases
Do the following queries on page 113, "Colonial Adventure Tours Case. Use a copy of the
1. What is redundancy? What problems are associated with redundancy
Redundancy is the storing of the same data in more than one location. Redundancy takes up
too much space and makes the updating of data more difficult and wastes time. Redundancy
1. P-City depends on P-Name
2. Salary depends on Status
3. C-City depends on C-Name
4. P-Street depends on P-Name
5. SALARY depends on P-Name and C-Name
P-Name -> P-City; This means that a person will live only in one city.
Status -> Sal
1. For each capital city, list the City name, District, Country.
SELECT City.Name, City.District, Country.Name
FROM City, Country
WHERE Country.Capital = City.ID
AND City.CountryCode = Country.Code
How do you know if a city is the capital?
If the Capital
P-NAME -> P-STREET; Each person lives on only one street, thus the street is determined by the person
P-NAME -> P-CITY; Each person lives in only one city, thus the city is determined by the person
SALARY -> STATUS; Each salary has a certain s
Every other field is determined by both or at least one of these fields.
C-NAME -> C-PHONE - Each coach has a phone number.
P-NAME -> P-PHONE - Each player has a phone number.
POS-NAME ->C-NAME There is a coach in every positio
A. When it comes to the property names there could be the same property name in a different city
or state such as Elm St Apts. There are multiple Elm Streets across the world so I think we should
use a PropertyID, since we know
CUSTOMER (CustomerID, LastName, FirstName, Address, City, State, ZIP, Phone, Fax, Email, NickName)
CONTACT (ContactID, ContactDate, ContactType, Remarks, CustomerID)
Make sure you go to the Salesperson table in design view and under the Inve
1.5. One problem that can occur is if you need to change the information for the pet or owner. The
second problem is if there is an owner that doesnt have a pet there is nowhere to put their data
unless they have a p
1. Review Chapter 3; The Relational Model 2: SQL; textbook pages 71 110.
2. Do Review Questions, odd numbers, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15; textbook page
3. Turn in on Moodle by end of the day, Friday, 9/25/2015.
1. Use a CREATE TABLE command and follow