30 August 2016
1. Was concept testing useful for Trakus?
a. I think that the concept testing that Trakus implemented was very
useful for them. The launch of the Videocart ended up not being
successful in the ling run but
1. Patagonia is targeting consumers who feel passionately about the environment.
Patagonia is an environmentally friendly company with environmentally friendly
products. Many if Patagonias products are not only long lasting, b
15 September 2016
The Ricks Picks
1. Who are Rick Fields target prospects?
2. How should he position his company?
3. Whats his value proposition?
4. Suggest 3 new sales/marketing tactics he might use to build a recognized
Marketing Plan OUTLINE
Business M. & L. 4241 Entrepreneurial Marketing
Instructor: Tom Harvey
A marketing plan is a written set of statements for efficiently
moving products/ services to the customer. A good plan promotes a high return on
BUSML 4241 Study Guide
Qualities of Successful Entrepreneurs
o Hard working
o Risk takers
o Seek challenges
o Resource manager
o Market knowledge
o Need for achievement
o Bias toward
We are salesman every day of our lives. We are selling
our ideas, our plans, our enthusiasms to those with whom
we come in contact
Job ads-Bachelor degree/higher: Sales is
number 2 c
1 September 2016
1. What are primary FEATURES of Kayaks service?
a. Kayak is a fare aggregator and travel search engine. An aggregator is a
website that collects related information and displays it. In this case,
25 August 2016
1. Who is Patagonia targeting?
a. I think that Patagonias target is a wide variety of people; males,
females, single or married, children, etc. I would think that their main
target market is a younger cr
20 September 2016
E & 0 Plus
1. What are the primary FEATURES of this product?
a. Errors and Omissions coverage (E&O)
b. Claims management
c. Quality Management (QM)
2. What are the BENEFITS suggested?
a. Quality Management Mini
8 September 2016
The Wave Machine
1. What are primary FEATURES of these products?
a. The Wave Machine is a machine that produces perfect 10 feet high and
30 feet wide ocean like waves at 30 mph
2. What are the BENEFITS? To which
Entrepreneurial Marketing-Tom Harvey
The Leader Technologies CASE
References: www.leader.com go to this website and read about this local firm that
raised over $8 million from individual investors.
Prepare a 1-2 page report summarizing 3 reasons someone (
22 September 2016
PEARL creates jobs for veterans, disabled veterans, military spouses and people with disabilities. PEARL
procures staffing contracts with large organizations needing to fill customer service positions; many are
13 September 2016
1. What are the apparent features of this product?
a. White Water Rafting in West Virginia that is cost effective and safe.
2. What are the potential benefits of this product?
a. Creating memories
1. What concept testing was useful for Trakus?
Concept testing that Trakus applied was very useful for them. Through multiple
rounds of concept testing they were able to find a good use for their technology.