1. Why do people have different opinions? Are they not equally endowed with
The power of judging well and of distinguishing the true from the false is naturally equal
in all men, and that the diversity of our opinions does not arise from
1. In what do Socrates and Alcibiades wish "to be as good as
Socrates and Alcibiades wish to be as good as possible in the virtue of good men and in the
management of affairs of Athenian gentleman.
2. What does a man need in order to be good (p
1) What is providence? (p. 1)
This would be more conveniently answered in the progress of the work, after we have
proved that providence rules over the universe and that God is ever present with us. In
other words, it is the care provided
1. What is the relationship between Socrates and Alcibiades?
The relationship between Alcibiades and Socrates is like a lover and his
beloved. They have met before in Protagoras and in the Symposium.
Their love is depicted differently in places; here, Alc