Learning Module 1: In Class Assignment 1
1. What are the differences between a host and an end system? List several different types of end
systems. Is a Web Server an end system?
There is no difference between a host and an end system
Wireshark Lab: Introduction
Following are the questions to be answered:
1. List 3 different protocols that appear in the protocol column in the unfiltered packetlisting window in step 7 above.
Following are 3 different protocols that appear in the protoco
Computer Networks- Homework 3
Ethernet and ARP
1. What is the 48-bit Ethernet address of your computer?
48-bit Ethernet address of my computer- ac:bc:32:79:9a:ed (Hexadecimal value).
2. What is the 48-bit destination address in the Ethernet frame? Is this
Cyber Security Lab (SSL)
1. For each of the first 8 Ethernet frames, specify the source of the frame (client or server),
determine the number of SSL records that are included in the frame, and list the SSL record
types that are i
1. What is the IP address and TCP port number used by the client computer (source) that is transferring
the file to gaia.cs.umass.edu?
IP address used by the client/ source- 10.1.10.187
TCP Port of the source- 50997
2. What is the IP ad
CIS- 577 Mid Term Exam
Short Answer Questions (7 points each)
Q1. List at least four different applications that are naturally suitable for P2P
Following are the four applications that are suitable for P2P architecture:
Learning Module 2
Application Layer 2-1
Pure P2P architecture
no always-on server
arbitrary end systems
connected and change
Characterizing Residential Broadband Networks
MPI for Software Systems
MPI for Software Systems, Rice University
[email protected][email protected]
Krishna P. Gummadi
MPI for Software Systems
Learning Module 1 In Class Assignment 2
1. Suppose Host A wants to send a large file to Host B. The path from Host A to Host B has 3 links, of
rates R1=500kbps, R2= 2 Mbps, and R3= 1 Mbps.
a. Assuming no other traffic in the network, w
Learning Module 2: In-Class Assignment 1
1. List four nonproprietary Internet applications and the application-layer protocols that they use?
The Web: HTTP; file transfer: FTP; remote login: Telnet; e-mail: SMTP
2. For a P2P file-shar
Cloud Computing: Overview
Provide an overview of what cloud computing
is in order to provide an overview of the
structure that is serviced by advanced
networking concepts, two of which we will
discuss in later lectures
Data Center Networks