Qualitative Analysis of Cations
Following the Chart:
Does Ag+ precipitate or dissolve in hydrochloric acid?
Ag+ precipitates in hydrochloric acid.
Does Ag+ precipitate or dissolve in ammonia?
f(x) = 0.0012078571x + 0.02665
R = 0.7391062842
Linear Regression for A(0)-A(t)
Rat e (M/s)
T ime (s)
f(x) = 0.0306365809x + 0.2974501372
CH 112 Tue 1-4
29 March 2011
1.a) See Graph. pH is equal to 7.60 and the volume of NaOH added is 10.19 mL.
b) Use Stoichiometry:
0.5029 M NaOH x 0.01019 L = 0.0051 mol NaOH
0.0051 mol NaOH
Organic Chemistry Lab Discussion-Assignment 3 The objective of experiment 13 is to perform a Diels-Alder reaction with a conjugated diene in eucalyptus oil and maleic anhydride, and to identify the unknown diene present in the oil based on the meltin
Organic Chemistry Lab Pre-Lab #5-Column Chromatography 1. get a Williamson microscale column with a plastic funnel and stopcock 2. fill about 2/3 full with alumina (poured from a 10mL Erlenmeyer flask) 3. put the column in a buret clamp in fume hood,
CH112 Tue. 1-4
8 February 2011
Qualitative Analysis of Cations
First, separate the Lead ion by adding 8 drops of 6M HCl. Test the
solution on litmus paper to make sure it is acidic.
CH112 Tues 1-4
22 February 2011
Experiment 13: Determining Molecular Weight by Freezing Point Depression
1. Tf 0 of pure cyclohexane is about 6.90C according to my graph.
Tf of the unknown solution is about 5.00C
Ch112 Tuesday 1-4
1 March 2011
A Kinetic Study of the Breathalyzer Reaction
1. See Attached Sheets
2. My data shows that the reaction is first order with respect to the dichromate.
Evidence of this is
15 March 2011
Exploring the World of Polymers
1. The polystyrene was a pale yellow translucent solid. It was rigid and strong after
heating in the sand bath, as it did not break easily. The Glyptal resin was also
22 March 2011
Spectrophotometric determination of an Equilibrium Constant
1. a)Concentrations of FeSCN2+ :
(Liters of 0.00200 HSCN added) x (initial concentration of HSCN)/1 L=
Concentration of FeSCN2
Concentrations of FeSCN2+
f(x) = 2.31467898018826E-005x + 1.35272781317585E-008
R = 0.9956426299
Linear Regression for Column C
FeSCN2+ Concent rat ions of st andard solut ions(M)
f(x) = 0.0002498727x - 2.67131152559129E-006
R = 0.9955642465
Linear Regression for Column B
1. Dispense 2 mL of a solution containing Ag+ (toxic), Fe3+ and Co2+ into a test tube.
2. Use the bottle top dispenser, refer to picture.
3. Raise the piston slowly and evenly to the stop.
Please a 13x100 mm test tube under the di
Experiment 12 write up
1. Add 6 drops HCL to separate Pb2+, place on ice for five minutes if a white precipitate
2. Decant the solution and wash precipitate with water. Decant the water so only the
3. Add 10 drops of
Exp 13 Pre Lab
Work in pairs with separate temperature probes. Wear safety goggles at all times
1. Log on to the computer
2. Open Logger Pro. Click Experiment menu and choose DATA COLLECTION.
3. Change length of experiment to 800 seconds, with a s
Final Report exp 3
Having just purchased a new winery is sunny southern California; it was
absolutely essential to gain a greater understanding of my product and how to change its
taste. Through careful research, I learned that the ac
exp 13 post lab
1. The assumption in this experiment is that the solute is soluble in the solvent. This would
allow for proper mixing and thus a change in temperature.
2. Molality is the moles of solute divided by kilograms solvent. Molarity is mo
pre lab exp 16
Wear safety glasses at all times
Never pipet a solution directly out of the bottle, put in a beaker first
BEWARE there are 2 difference concentrations used in this experiment, ensure proper M
Never put acetone in cuvet!
Post Lab 16
B) Refer to Excel chart: Standard solutions (attached)
Experiment 8 Determining Mass Percent of H2O2
1. If the thermometer were off two errors would result. First, the temperature of
water would be higher than it actually was making the vapor pressure appear
higher than it should be. This would result
Experiment 8 Determining Mass Percent Composition
1. Clean three 25x150 mm test tubes, and allow them to dry as much as possible.
2. Lubricate the bottom 2 cm of the marked dowel with petroleum jelly. Insert end
of rod into one hole of rubber stop
Open Ended Experiment Progress Report 2
1. A one-holed stopper, 125mL flask, and a medicine dropper were obtained.
2. The bulb of the medicine dropper was removed and the dropper glass tube was place into
the hole of the stopper. The balloon was