* Children & Sports
- Taking away of play great punishment tool, threaten to take away.
- Better the athlete the more trouble there is, because parents hold onto the idea of
their child being that great
Midterm multiple choice, know all concepts from book
* What teams do to improve the level of cooperation
- 6 diff variables:
- Structure of reward, three types. & Reward values
- One rewards competition Competitive re
- Not research, thought. Essay.
- 3-5 pages. Can be 3. Due June 3rd (date of final).
1) Personal reflection on own childhood experiences of sports. Team, peers, and
particularly with your p
- 2 general ways we get traits
- first is theory trait comes from theory of way people are
- second is no theory, comes from random place
- Baseball slump - same time every year, father died during ba
- Historical materialist not todays materialism, means to think in the sense that
we are physical beings, that need roof over head, and need to eat and drink to live, so
we are physical beings, in oth
- Not a feeling, its a behavior.
- Instrumental aggression get some good out of it through competition
* Team Characteristics:
* 4 Stages of a team for group cohesion
1) Formation Proc
- Socialism & communism have some things in common
1) Work continuously, non-stop until we retire. Not normal.
- Not like hunter-gatherers who take breaks, and take seasons off to let stuff
As stated in the syllabus, a 3-5 page essay is due on June 18.
This essay does not require library research. Rather, it is a reflective essay in
which I ask you to think carefully about and write about childrens organized
* Weber (Pronounced Vabe-er)
- People are rational & irrational, but worse institutions are partly rational, but more
irrational, and there are unintended consequences because of this. When try
* Hunter Gatherers Mechanical Solidarity
-Specializations gender (men hunt women gather), age as well, as spin off young
and old and women nurse children, men are hunters, old (close to death) oft
HW- last two weeks questions, skip 1,
but 3,4, & 14. 3 & 4 in chart form.
*Homework Use Weber quotes
- Control comparison re-due, everyone.
- Paper coming soon about Weber
- Less coherent than Marx, but