VTSC 1102 Fluid Practice Problems
Fluid Practice Problems:
Please assume we are using a 20 drop/ml drip set and rehydrating our patients over a 24 hour period for the
following problems: (you may also assume that there are no significant ongoing losses to
BIOL 1006 Spring 2016
Cardiovascular System Review Questions
1. Be sure you can track the flow of blood through the heart and the pulmonary/systemic
circulatory system. (Include name of major blood vessels coming into/leaving heart; name of
Urinalysis Study Guide
What does voided mean and what is an example?
Naturally left the body, not sterile. Midsteam free catch, floor, nosorb
What is a cystocentesis?
Use of a needle to aspirate the bladder. Must be in lateral/dorsal recombancy. Sterile.
1. Glomerulus nephron and collecting duct. draw
a. Afferent efferent arterioles .*blood coming in afferentname of vessel arterial
b. Glomerulus and bowmans capsule
d. Proximal/distal Convoluted tubule loop of
e. *Where does blood go after glo
BIOL 1006 Spring 2016 Endocrinology Review Questions
1. Describe the overall function of the endocrine system.
2. Define the term homeostasis.
3. Compare and contrast the endocrine system vs. the nervous system with
respect to homeostatic mechanisms.
Cells are arranged in tissues
There are differences in the cell
structure of different tissues
These differences reflect
differences in function
There are 4 major tissue types
Immature vs mature
of growth plate fractures
You dont need to memorize this!
Covers most of
surface of long bones
Inner layer is
Bones: the skeletal system
Lever system for
BIOL 1006 Digestive System Review Questions
1. Review the functions of the digestive system and the associated vocabulary words (eg,
prehension, mastication, deglutition and so on). Where does each of these functions occur?
2. List the anatomic structures