Questions Chapter 41 Perry
What factor predisposes an infant to fluid imbalances?
A. Decreased surface area
B. Lower metabolic rate
C. Immature kidney functioning
D. Decreased daily exchange of extracellular fluid
When evaluating the extent of an in
Chapter 48: Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
1. The nurse is caring for a 4-year-old child immobilized by a fractured hip. Which
complications should the nurse monitor?
Decreased metabolic rate
1. The clinic nurse is preparing to test the visual acuity of a client using a Snellen
chart. Which of the following identifies the accurate procedure for this visual acuity
1. Both eyes are assessed together, followed by the assessment of the right
Questions Chapter 31 Perry
The nurse expects which characteristic of fine motor skills in a 5-month-old infant?
A. Strong grasp reflex
B. Neat pincer grasp
C. Able to build a tower of two cubes
D. Able to grasp object voluntarily
The nurse is assess
Questions Chapter 30 Perry
A child who is terminally ill with bone cancer is in severe pain. Nursing interventions
should be based on knowledge that:
A. children tend to be overmedicated for pain.
B. giving large doses of opioids causes euthanasia.
Questions Chapter 29 Perry
Which statement is true concerning the increased use of telephone triage by nurses?
A. Telephone triage has led to an increase in health care costs.
B. Emergency department visits are not recommended by nurses and thus
Chapter 38: Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
1. What represents the major stressor of hospitalization for children from middle infancy
throughout the preschool years?
Fear of bod
Chapter 36: Chronic Illness, Disability, and End-of-Life Care
1. The nurse case manager is planning a care conference about a young child who has
complex health care needs and will soon be discharged home. Whom should the nurse invite to
1. The nurse is caring for the mother of a newborn. The nurse recognizes that the
mother needs more teaching regarding cord care because she
A. keeps the cord exposed to the air.
B. washes her hands before sponge bathing her baby.
C. washes the cord and s