1. Porter, M. E. 1996, What Is Strategy? ()
Harvard Business Review.
2. Johnson, Christensen and Kagermann, 2008,
Reinventing Your Business Model (
), Harvard Business Review.
Chapter 10 MR Practice Quiz
Fielding the Data-Gathering Instrument
1. To minimize total error and to gather accurate information as efficiently as possible, the field service
of a questionnaire should be well planned.
2. May I ask you some ques
Chapter 8 MR Practice Quiz
Designing the Data-Gathering Instrument
The quality of the information gathered is directly proportional to the quality of the instrument
designed to collect the data.
2.Occupational jargon, cultural background, ed
Chapter 9 MR Practice Quiz
Sampling Methods and Sample Size
1. A sample is the term that refers to the group surveyed any time the survey is not administered to all
members of the population.
2. Sample bias can be reduced by increasing the samp
Chapter 7 MR Practice Quiz
Primary Data Collection
1. Age, income, and gender are examples of demographic and socioeconomic data.
2. The disadvantages of the communication method are also present with the observation method.
3. Focus groups may
Chapter 5 MR Practice Quiz
Research Design: Descriptive and Causal Research
1. Descriptive research is highly unstructured and flexible approach.
2. The primary objective of longitudinal research is to monitor behavior over time.
3. Each group
Chapter 3 MR Practice Quiz
1. Secondary data alone are never sufficient to provide the background necessary to understand the
2. Some of the advantages of secondary data are low cost, speed, availability, and f
Chapter 2 MR Practice Quiz
Ethics in Marketing Research
1. The word ethics comes from the Greek word ethos which is translated as character in English.
2. Utilitarianism is often compared to the Golden Rule.
3. The old saying, When in Rome, do
Chapter 4 MR Practice Quiz
Research Designs: Exploratory and Qualitative Research
1. After stating the management problem, research purpose, and research hypothesis, the next step is to
formulate the research design.
2. Research hypothesis is a
Chapter 1 MR Practice Quiz
Introduction to Marketing Research
1. Developing an understanding of consumer needs, wants, and perceptions is a prerequisite to effective
2. Marketing research refers to procedures and techniques inv
Chapter 6 MR Practice Quiz
1. In marketing research, researchers measure a consumers attitude, income, brand loyalty, etc., instead
of measuring the consumer.
2. Constructs have tangible reality and are directly observable.
Seminar on Strategy Theory (I): Economics Foundations of Strategy Research
National Taiwan University College of Management Graduate Institute of International Business Fall 2008
Time: 1420-1520, every Wednesday nd Classroom: Meeting Room, 2 Building, COM