One area is an employees privacy. An employee who uses drugs may exercise his or her
privacy right and refuse to submit to a drug test. But if that employee produces a faulty
product, the employer will be held liable for any harm
Case Study 1.
In my opinion, he should not be discharged. Although the AEM code of conduct state that
an employees off-duty behavior should not reflect negatively on the company, the reasons for John
for being discharge are not enough. In order to disc
Case Study #1 Rambo Goes Violent
Some of the violence indicators are:
Severe reactions to criticism
Preoccupation with weapons
Deliberate destruction of workplace equipment
Reckless or antisocial behavior; evidence of prior assau
A culture of safety exists when everyone within an organization consciously works to
improve its safety and health conditions. For instance, instead of counting injuries, managers should
set goals on how many unit safety meetings s
Employee benefits such as free transportation, free skill training and seminars, medical
checkup, any benefits for traveling and vacations, will not only benefit employees, but an employer
as well. Healthy and more skilled employ
Case Study 1
It is complicated decision when evaluating the personal requests of employees versus their
individual work performance. Providing employees with a flexible working schedule is one of the
best ways that organizations can ensure that the sta
a) $1,500. Janet is a very valuable asset for the company. Also her base rate is the highest among the
reviewed employees. This salary increase will add additional motivating and provide additional
support to her and her children.
Case Study #1. United States Auto Industry Back on Top of CEO Pay
1. Depending on the situation, the CEO must be able to demonstrate that he/she is performing up to
the standards that were established when he/she was hired, and that he/she is meeting or e
1. Employee training is important, because it educates employees how effectively to use
technologies to perform certain activities related to their job. The workplace itself made a shift from
hard labor to knowledge workers, and as a
1. I believe the employment process would depend based on the company and position. Some for
example government organizations might have more thorough background check and some
companies may not require filling out any additional appl
1. It is important to pay externally fair wages because it makes company a competitive place on the
market, where employees want to work. It is because having good employees will make higher
production rates and higher customer satisfaction. In addition,
Case Study #2 Loews Hotels: Training for Four-Diamond Service and More
1. Loews hotels try to improve customers' experience. They aimed at providing "Four-Diamond and
More" service. All their training programs are designed and performed with a goal to mee
Case Study #2 Pros and Cons of Cleaning Up the Resu-mess
1. I think resume screening tools are having a positive impact on HR departments. Companies
nowadays are more technologically advanced and used different algorithmic data driven screening
Case Study #1: Homegrown Talent
1. Despite the fact that Marys father worked at GM, her hiring was not nepotism, and she rose
through the ranks due to her hard work and talent. As for me, I would hire relatives depending on a
position. I guess the lower t
2. Private employment agencies match potential employees with full-time jobs. Usually employer
pays 25-30% fee if the employer hires an applicant found by the agency, but the job seeker may pay
as well, or even both pay fee. Private e
1. People will always be the most valuable asset, as employees have skills and knowledge required
to build a business. Some issues on the list would be: different culture, strategies for hiring and
training employees, benefits, compensations, safety, and
1. By using virtual teams Lockheed Martin was able to gain such advantages as lower office costs;
more talented workforce available outside the US; less travel time around the world to meet with the
whole team; which led to increased productivity; by util
1. First and foremost reason would be people with disabilities. I believe companies should allow
dogs at work for people with disabilities especially if they have a statement from a doctor saying
that the dog is required. Because nowadays service dogs are
1. Domino's was able to set itself apart from its competitors by working with their people and system to
offer and deliver different value proposition than any other company.
2. Yes. The turnover went down and customer satisfaction went up, which means co
1) Casino operations can be broken down into 3 categories; land based, riverboat, and Native
American. Land based casinos are those much live Twin River, Vegas, and Atlantic City.
Riverboat casinos are found in the
The process of arriving at general scientific statements by making an
appropriate number of specific observations is known as
The scientific method is NOT completely objective because
They are currently more acce
The Caribbean Court of Justice often abbreviated as the CCJ is the Caribbean judicial system
established on 14 February 2001. This system was incorporated by the Agreement Establishing
the CCJ. This agreement started operation on 23th July,2003
According to Wikipedia Green Computing is refers to as environmentally sustainable
computing or IT. However, in the article Harnessing Green IT: Principles and Practices, San
Murugesan defines green computing as "the study and practice of designing, manuf
Open Office, Googledocs and Microsoft word have the same basic formatting features.
However, Open Office writing settings had to be reviewed; it provides a media player where
music can be uploaded. With Googledocs there are fewer formatting options, the d
Green computing involves reducing the electricity and environmental waste while using a
computer. People use, and often waste resources such as electricity and paper when using the
computer. Society has become aware of the waste generated and is taking me
1. What are the three primary behavior determinants of organizational behavior?
Choose one answer.
a. profit structure, organizational complexity, and job satisfaction
b. individuals, groups, and structure
c. individuals, profit structure, and job satisfa
1. Steve is unhappy with his job. He takes every possible vacation and sick day and
sometimes shows up for work late. He is expressing his dissatisfaction through _.
Choose one answer.
d. Social Voice
2. Which of the
1. Individual-level independent variables include all of the following except _.
Choose one answer.
2. Which of the following is not a topic or concern related to OB?
Choose one answ
There are many ways of looking at leadership and many interpretations of its meaning.
Generally, leaders are people who are able to turn their beliefs and visions into reality, through
the control and influence they exercise over other people (Bennis and
Building good customer relationships calls for more than just developing a good product, pricing
it attractively, and making it available to target customers. Companies must also communicate
their value propositions to customers. A companys total promotio