Writing Assignment 1: The Brain and Behavior
Q) Your best friends invite you over for pizza and a friendly game of cards. Describe how
the following parts of the brain are involved during you
DUE: NOVEMBER 28,2016
Insomnia (also called insomnia disorder) is a common sleep problem that can affect your
quality of life. People with insomnia have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. They may
wake up during t
The classical era is a period in time when music was of actual importance and was
introduced to the Western world. This began with the baroque period in the 1600s to the 1750s,
following the classical p
Psych Final Exam Review:
Answer Key: Exam 1: Intro to Lifespan Dev
Instructions: Please fill-in-the-blank with the correct word or phrase.
1) Janice is sixty years old and feels that she is in the prime of her life, at least mentally.
However, she is star
Increase public knowledge of how adequate sleep and treatment of sleep disorders improve health,
productivity, wellness, quality of life, and safety on roads and in the workplace.
Psych Final Exam Review: Test 8 (Late Adulthood & End of Life)
For the following examples, indicate which stage of Elizabeth Kubler-Rosss Stage theory is
1. Ben has frequent bouts of crying and doesnt feel like seeing any of his friends. d
Psych Final Exam Review, Test 5: Middle Childhood
Categorize the following symptoms according to which of the three primary characteristics of ADHD
a. Fidgets and squirms in his/her seat. hyperactivity
b. Does not seem to listen when spoke
Psych Final Exam Review, Exam 4: Early Childhood
For the following questions, answer with either Piaget or Vygotsky.
1. This researcher was pessimistic about a childs abilities to learn by himself. Vygotsky
2. This researcher underestimated how early chil
Psych Final Exam Review: Test 6 (Adolescence)
Short answer questions.
1) Who tends to experience more healthy social outcomes as a result of their maturation: earlymaturing adolescent girls or late-maturing adolescent girls? late-maturing adolescent girls
Psych Final Exam Review: Test 3 (Infancy)
Fill in the blanks with the correct term or answer.
1. How is an infants achievement of object permanence related to her ability to bond with her
parents? needs to be able to remember parents in order t
Psych Final Exam Review: Test 7 (Adulthood)
Answer the following questions.
1. Which of Sternbergs types of love includes only intimacy and commitment?
a. Consummate love
c. Companionate love
d. Empty love
2. Which of Sternbergs types of love in
Psych Final Exam Review: Test 2 (Beginnings)
Fill in the blanks.
A/an teratogen is an agent that causes a birth defect.
Delivery of the placenta occurs during Stage three of childbirth.
A doctor might recommend the use of a/an oxytocic drug dur
Sleep-wake disorders, a condition marked by disturbances in sleep patterns, may come to have
an impact on physical, mental, and emotional functioning. Sle
MODULE 3: PROBLEM SET 2:
Problem Set 2
1) Describe the cephalocaudal and proximodistal patterns of physical development.
The Cephalocaudal pattern of development states that physical growth starts at the top with the
head. (Infants heads are much bigger t
Problem Set 2: Module 8
1. Describe three subtypes of neurocognitive disorders discussed in this module.
1. Alzheimer's Disease: Most common type of dementia affecting approximately 60% of all
cases. It includes a wide variety of symptoms and is a progres
Problem Set 1: Module 8
1. Reflection question: Prior to reading this module, what did you believe regarding the four
opening questions? Do you think that there are societal misconceptions about old age?
Prior to reading this module, I believed somewhat t
Problem Set 4: Module 8
1. How would you answer the question, What is death?
Death is the end of physical life. It is when all the measurable processes of the body shut down
including: heartbeat, breathing and brain waves.
2. A friend is grieving the loss
Problem Set 3: Module 8
1. Compare and contrast the three theories discussed in this section.
Disengagement theory states that older adults should no longer interact with society and be left
alone to decline in their later years until death. Active theory
Natasha suffered from Anorexia Nervosa, she restricted her calorie intake and had many symptoms. The
symptoms that she described in the video were repeated thought about thinness and about being thin
In the Bonnie video that I watched in class show Bonnie as she describe her symptoms
of PTSD. One of the symptoms she described was flashbacks, she stated that she suffered from
of walking t
Objectives for General Psychology Final Exam
Be able to identify the following:
1. (Chapter 1): the science of psychology,
2. Cognitive Psychology,
3. Developmental Psychology,
4. Behavioral Genetics,
5. the percentage of women earning Doctoral Degrees in
I chose Amelia Earhart as my famous person. She was born on July 24, 1897 in Atchison,
Kansas. The daughter of Edwin and Amy Otis Earhart. She lived with her grandparents until she
was 12. Then her sister and
Nov 20 2016
Pericles was known as the first citizen of Athens. He was an Athenian statesman who
was very well educated in all fields in the city. He served in the military as a general and was
In these days our society is facing terrible sicknesses, one example of these is anorexia.
This kind of sickness attacks mainly to young people in the adolescence for the desire of having
a thin and perfect body. This eating disorder is caused by many rea
Name and describe the three main cognitive theories?
The three main cognitive theories are Piagets cognitive developmental theory, Vygotskys
sociocultural theory, and information-processing theory. Piagets theory states that children construct
Reflection about My Familys Practices
The following 15 traits were presented by Dolores Curran in her book entitled Traits of A
Healthy Family. She polled 551 people in the helping professions, including religiously affiliated
helpers. The top 15 traits p
Tell me what you thought of the video. Was it interesting? Did it have usefull information
for you? I thought this video was extremely informative on the conception process. Of course it
had useful information for me since I will hopefully I have my ow
1. The first article I chose to research is how divorced parents affect the child.
Source: Laumann-Billings, L. &. Emery, R.E. (2000). Distress among young adults from
divorced families. Journal of Family Psychology, 14, 671-687
1. My first observation was done on my nephew at soccer practice. He is two years old and
plays on a team with about 7 other kids. He loves to play soccer and is very friendly with the
other kids. They played little game with kids and they
The person I chose to research is Selena. I chose her because growing up I admired her
and would watch the movie based on her life multiple times. Selena Quintanilla-Perez was a
talented Mexican-American singer who w