In 1988 when 29 year-old Doug Levine emerged from the world of securities
and trading, he was ready for a new, exciting venture and had the capital to support
it. Harnessing his love of the entertainment industry, Levine sought to turn a
Class Discussion of Assigned Reading: Chapter 2
Assigned Reading: Creating Powerful Brands, Chapter Two: Understanding the Branding
1. Brand values are based on the concepts of Goodwill and Future Income streams. What are
Introduction to the concept of brands, branding and brand
management as a highly complex communication system that
deals with the exchange of information regarding needs and
solutions. This case analysi
They have 3 different
types of apples (Red
They have 12 different
types of apples from
They sell 10 different
variations of apples
though some are they
same type they
Chapter 7 Discussion Guide
1) Identify a retailer that you believe has a strong brand presence. Discuss the
methods used by this retailer to position itself relative to its competition.
A strong retailer that I believe has a great brand presence is
MK222 Study Guide
o What is the significance of Needs & Solutions to a brand manager?
Needs and solutions lead to a company developing positioning and differentiation. The best brands address emotional needs versus functional needs (ex: buying a ca
Class Discussion of Assigned Reading
Assigned Reading: Agency Manias, Chapter One: The Multiplier Effect
1. What is the point being made with the question: A world without advertising?
The point being made about a world without adv
Chapter 6 Discussion Guide
1) Select a business-to-business brand you are familiar with. Distinguish between the function and emotional messages communicated by that brand.
Which messages do you think are most effective?
Dropbox is a brand that I am
Jeremy Moon founded Icebreaker out of Wellington, New Zealand in 1994 making a
splash as the first company in the world to develop a layering system for the outdoors with
merino wool. The apparel became popular among outdoor sports e
NEW MARKETING MYOPIA
1. Why is the article entitled New Marketing Myopia how does it differ from the original article, and do you agree with the criticism of the original article?
Ted Levitts advice in 1960 was to avoid marketing myopia b
With an abundance of advertising agencies interested in winning the open
spot on the well-respected MINI account, it was pertinent to Ramusevic and to the
MINI brand that a suitable agency be chosen. Because of this, the selection process
Chapter 6 Discussion Guide
1) Select a well-known service brand you are familiar with. Identify how each
of the characteristics of the service presents a challenge for brand building.
For each challenge you identify, outline three ways service manag
Class Discussion of Assigned Reading: Chapter 1
Assigned Reading: Creating Powerful Brands, Chapter 1: Why it is Crucial to Create Powerful
1. Why is it important for marketing communication professionals to recognize that b