Chapter 12: Nature and Classes of Contracts
1. Definition of contract
A legally binding agreement. Total legal obligation.
2. Elements of valid contract
1) Genuine assent between parties (2) agreement supported by consideration (3)
Legal capacity of t
Chapter 9- Torts:
1. Definition of a tort, a private wrong for which a person will seek to obtain money for such wrong.
Crime- public duty, and govt steps in to punish wrongdoer
Tort- Can have a tort and crime
2. Elements of a tort: Duty, Breach of that
Study Guide for Chapter 35 Bankruptcy
1. A person may have their entire bankruptcy case dismissed if they commit certain acts: concealing
assets within one year of filing bankruptcy, disregarding a bankruptcy court order, and committing
perjury in the pre