Population Genetic Questions
1. The following numbers of the human M-N blood groups were recorded in a sample of
(1) What are the genotype frequencies observed in this sample?
(2) What are the gene frequencies?
Lecture #27: Behavioral Ecology
1. In the example of egg shell removal by black-headed gulls, what are the benefits of
the behavior? What are the costs? How do the costs and benefits interact to shape the
behavior that we observe?
2. Identify the stimulus
Lecture #19: Patterns of Population Growth
1. You were given two equations in lecture which both describe exponential growth in biological
populations. Why is there a need for 2 different equations? Under what conditions would you use
each equation? When
Study Questions #1
Lecture #2: Diversity of Life/Requirements of Life
1) After arriving at a 5 kingdom classification scheme, for what reasons did biologists propose the 6
kingdom and then the 3 domain classifications schemes? Which kingdoms contain unice
Respiration: Chemical Energy
A. Living is Work
a. Why Energy?
i. Make order out of chaos
ii. Active transport (against concentration gradient to move across
iii. Maintain membranes
v. Build complex molecules
vi. Degrade molecules fo