Discussion Case: M&L Manufacturing
1. What are some of the potential benefits of a more formalized approach to forecasting?
Forecasting is important because it provides information that will help an organization determine
what future demand
Discussion Case: Making Hotplates
1. What changes in the work situation might account for the increase in productivity and the
decrease in controllable rejects?
The changes in the workplace that might account for the increase in productivit
Discussion Case: Outsourcing of Hospital
1. In some instances the outsourced service occurs in a different location, while in others it takes
place inside the organization doing the outsourcing, as the food service did in this case
Discussion Case: Operations Tour - The U.S.
1. Why is it important for the USPS to have a high volume of mail to process?
2. What caused productivity to increase?
3. What impact did competitive pressures have on the USPS?