1. MAKE-UP FOR MIDTERM: SUNDAY (NOT SAT!) 10/24, NOON - 2:30PM. ROOM TBA
2. MIDTERM EXAM COMPREHENSIVE: ALL MATERIAL THROUGH LG p. 148.
3. MEET TODAY AT 2:55PM COMSTOCK B108 TO DISCUSS: HOW TO STUDY FOR THIS
NO DISCUSSION O
Monday, October 18, 2010 Lecture 22
Homework for this week's lectures as in LG for 10/22 and10/25, PLUS PyMOL
assignment #7 Carbohydrates
End of today's lecture: info about the midterm exam
Office hours and review sessions this week will
HOMEWORK, READING, AS IN LG FOR 10/22 & 10/25 PLUS THE PyMOL ASSIGNMENT #7,
THIS WEEK'S OFFICE HOURS AND REVIEW SESSIONS: IN THE USUAL ROOMS AT THE
USUAL TIMES EXCEPT THAT PROF'S OFFICE HOURS ON THURSDAY 10/21 WILL
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
1. Reminder: the midterm exam will take place tomorrow night starting at
7:30PM. Room assignments:
in Baker 200, last names A T
in Baker 219, last names U - Z
2. Re answer key to 2009 midterm exam on B
RE 2009 MIDTERM EXAM: WINDOWS USERS COULD NOT VIEW/DOWNLOAD THE
CORRECT KEY TO PROBLEM #13, THE LINEWEAVER-BURK KINETICS GRAPHING
PROBLEM. A NEW KEY (PDF FILE) SOLVES THE ISSUE, IS UP NOW ON BLACKBOARD.
MIDTERM EXAM THURSDAY NIG
Friday October 22, 2010
1. In case you were sick: make-up exam SUNDAY 10/24 noon - 2:30PM in
Intro to bioenergetics: "high energy" compounds
This discussion of high energ
Monday, October 25, 2010
For this week's lectures (Quiz on 11/3), assignments are as in LG for 10/27 and
10/29 EXCEPT move one homework problem to next week: Ch 15 #4; AND no
PyMOL for the quiz next week and for the lectures this
THIS WEEK'S ASSIGNMENTS (FOR QUIZ 11/3): AS IN LG FOR 10/27 AND 10/29 EXCEPT
MOVE ONE HOMEWORK PROBLEM TO NEXT WEEK: Ch15#4
AND NO PyMOL ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK (NO PyMOL ON 11/3 QUIZ).
DID ANYONE FIND A BLACK WALLET IN BAKER
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
1. This class will be moved to Uris Auditorium for the lecture on Friday 10/29/10!
2. Midterm exams will be returned on Friday, along with quiz 6.
3. Series of 3 "prof's info sessions" for medical scho
1. THIS CLASS WILL BE MOVED TO URIS AUDITORIUM FOR THE FRIDAY LECTURE!
FRIDAY 10/29/10 FROM 10:10 - 11AM (TRUSTEES IN STATLER DURING "OUR TIME")
2. MIDTERM EXAMS WILL BE RETURNED ON FRIDAY. ALMOST CERTAINLY
3. SERIES OF 3 "PROF
Friday, October 29, 2010
1. Midterm exam mean 92 out of 124 = 74.2%, SD 19; Make-up midterm exam
mean 111.4 out of 137 = 81.3%, SD 28.
Note: (regular exam) question 14 was actually worth 16 points, not 15, hence the
total point value of 124.
Monday, November 1, 2010
1. Quiz 7 this Wednesday 11/3 (no PyMol). Quiz 8 will be Wednesday, 11/10.
Quiz 9 will be on 11/17. The last quiz, #10, will be on 12/1.
2. This week's assignments as in the LG, but also one problem from l
1. QUIZ 7 THIS WEDNESDAY 11/3 (NO PyMOL). QUIZ 8 WILL BE WEDNESDAY, 11/10.
QUIZ 9 WILL BE ON 11/17. THE LAST QUIZ, #10, WILL BE ON 12/1.
2. MAKING HOLIDAY PLANS? NO LECTURE ON WED 11/24.
3. THIS WEEK'S ASSIGNMENTS AS IN LG, WITH T
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Want your midterm exam regraded? Submit for regrading by Friday 11/5 (the
usual 1-week span after return of the exam)
Info session about the HCEC process next spring: Friday 11/5 at 2:55PM in
REGRADING OF YOUR MIDTERM EXAM? LAST DAY TO SUBMIT FOR REGRADING 11/5
DATE FOR THE MAKE-UP FINAL EXAM? CHECK YOUR CALENDARS FOR CONFLICTS,
THEN LET'S MEET BRIEFLY AFTER THE LECTURE NEXT WED 11/10 TO DECIDE
INFO SESSION RE THE H
Friday, November 5, 2010
1. Quiz 7 results: A 24.4
2. Today is THE LAST DAY to submit your midterm exam for regrading. Any
exams submitted after today will simply be returned.
3. Today at 2:55PM: The HCEC process- h
1. QUIZ 7
2. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT YOUR MIDTERM EXAM FOR REGRADING.
3. NO CLASS ON WED 11/24.
4. PUBLIC HEALTH PANEL DISCUSSION: TUE 11/9 AT 4:30PM IN MALOTT 253
5. THE HCEC PROCESS: HOW TO WRITE THE
Monday, November 8, 2010 Lecture 31
1. Reading and problems for this week as in LG.
PYMOL assignment #9, ATP Synthase
2. Have a final exam conflict? Meet immediately after class on 11/10 to set the
day and time for the make-up final exam.
1. PROBLEM ASSIGNMENTS AS IN LG; AND PyMOL #9, ATP SYNTHASE
2. LET'S SET A DAY & TIME FOR THE MAKE-UP FINAL. CHECK YOUR EXAM WEEK
SCHEDULE. IF YOU HAVE A CONFLICT, MEET BRIEFLY AFTER CLASS WED 11/10
RXNS OF THE CI
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
. Final exam conflict for Monday 12/13 at 2PM? Meet immediately after lecture
TODAY to choose date/time for make-up exam. This discussion has now
happened. The make-up final exam will be on Wednesday 12/15 at 9:00AM
1. FINAL EXAM CONFLICT FOR MONDAY 12/13 AT 2PM? MEET IMMEDIATELY AFTER
LECTURE TODAY TO CHOOSE DATE/TIME FOR MAKE-UP EXAM. THIS MEETING HAS NOW
HAPPENED. THE MAKE-UP FINAL EXAM WILL TAKE PLACE AT 9:00AM ON WEDNESDAY
12/15, ROOM TB
Friday, November 12, 2010
1. Quiz 8 results: A 19.7
2. Meet today, 2:55PM in Comstock B108: Interviewing for HCEC and medical school
evaluation- what are they looking for?
3. Do the next PyMol assignment (for quiz 9
1. Quiz 8:
2. TODAY 2:55PM IN COMSTOCK B108: INTERVIEWING FOR HCEC AND MEDICAL SCHOOL
EVALUATION- WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
3. THE NEXT PyMOL ASSIGNMENT, ATP SYNTHASE (FOR THE QUIZ WED 11/17)
HOWEVER- BE WARN
Monday, November 15, 2010
1. Assignments for this week:
Reading and problems as in LG. No more PyMOL assignments until the last week of
2. Office hours and review times, dates, rooms for the last week of classes are the
1. ASSIGNMENTS FOR THIS WEEK: READING AND PROBLEMS AS IN LG.
(NO NEW PyMOL ASSIGNMENT UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF CLASS)
2. OFFICE HRS, REVIEWS:
NEXT WEEK, NO OFFICE HOURS OR REVIEWS;
FOR THE LAST WEEK OF CLASS, NO CHANGES;
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
*Now that quiz 9 has occurred: IF YOU HAVE TAKEN ALL 9 QUIZZES, YOU
CANNOT TURN IN QUIZ 10 FOR GRADING! NO STUDENT CAN TAKE MORE THAN 9
1. The make-up final exam will take place on Wed 12/15
1. NO OFFICE HOURS OR REVIEW SESSIONS NEXT WEEK, 11/22 - 11/26
2. MAKE-UP FINAL EXAM: WED 12/15 9 - 11:30AM. ROOM TBA. YOU MUST E-MAIL PROF
TO DESCRIBE CONFLICT BEFORE WED 11/24
3. NO CLASS ON WED 11/24. LAST QUIZ WED 12/1 (NO PyM
Friday, November 19, 2010
1. Quiz 9 results:
2. The last quiz, the so-called "make-up quiz" on 12/1 will cover the lectures from 11/15,
11/17, 11/19, and 11/22. What level of detail? See last year's quiz 10, but be able to