EXAM 1 PRATICE EXAM:
1.) Select the statement that is accurate regarding data models.
A.) Conceptual data models provide developers with a map for implementing model
classes, including keys and attributes.
B.) Logical data models are not very detailed, an
In-Class Exercise: StudentMVCClassExample
2 Create actions:
Create 1only called when the action receives a POST Request from a Form.
Create 2normal Create
1) Is this a valid Student that we are trying to Create?
Test 2 Concepts:
Fundamentals of MVC
Basic Building blocks of how to get an application to work
Piazza Content (Reading, Quizzes, Study Guide, etc.)
Key things to understand:
All requests (URL in Browser) come in from the User and go
receives all input (HTTP request). The Controller has its own Actions that handles the
input and does something in response to that input.
- handles all storage and retrieval of data from the database. Onc
MIS 320 Study Guide
General steps involved in setting up a project using Entity Framework
Add NuGet Package for Entity Framework
Create a DbContext include necessary DbSets
Editing entities using db.Entry(obj).State - how does it work
MIS 320 EXAM 2 STUDY GUIDE:
Key differences between MVC and standard 3-Tier application:
o In 3 Tier user never interacts with data access layer, but in MVC user can use controller
to interact with DB
o In MVC: MVC architecture is triangular: the view sen
MVC STUDY QUIZ:
Under the ASP.NET MVC defaults, which of the following URLs will call the "Products" controller
and the "List" action? Assume that the application is running under the site root at
MIS 340 EXAM 1:
Entity Classes = DbSets
- These classes represent an entity type for example a manager, owner, vehicle, project
- These classes contain properties and methods for each DbSet
- The top level object that you can inherit from when
ASP.NET MVC: Key Terms and Concepts Practice Test
1) This open source server-side web application framework provides libraries that
can be used to produce dynamic web sites, web applications, and web services.
2) _ is a code generated frame
ASP.NET MVC: Views Practice Test
1) File extension used by Razor views. The name is derived from the C# and HTML
file extensions, since Razor templates are HTML files that contain embedded C# code.
(Hint: Displayed at the end of the view na
Exam 2 Material
What are the different components of the MVC pattern? What do they do?
What is the flow of information between the different components?
o What data does the Controller receive?
o Where does the data that the