Introduction to Sport Finance
The sport industry is unique and therefore creates unique challenges for financial
managers of sport organizations.
While the financial goal of most firms is wealth maximization, the goal of a
Economic is the study of the market system - how scarce resources are allocated among
different and alternative uses - how people make choices about what they buy; produce;
and the market system works based on fundamental objectives, e
Finance & Accounting Notes
UAB is marketed, as a medical school- football is known for injuries and
concussions. Pretty incongruent.
Psychological impact of having a team or winning is immeasurable.
Being a baseball player gives you the most time to win m
1. Capital budgeting is used to analyze an organizations capital expenditures.
2. Five capital budgeting methods can be used to analyze capital project,s and each
provides relevant information useful to management
Chapter 7 Debt and Equity Financing
Key Concepts p. 163 and terms
Factors that impact the required rate of return
Methods that can be used to raise capital
How risk impacts decisions to issue equity or debt
The advantages and disadvantages of usin
Chapter 5 Introduction to Financial Management
Key Concepts p. 107
1. Microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts and trends impact the financial
management of sport organizations.
2. Demand, scarcity. and price impact sport in a variety of ways. including t
Chapter 6 Budgeting
1. For most sport organizations, budgeting is a tool for financial planning and reflects
managements opinions about future financial circumstances.
2. Four main approaches to budgeting exist: incremental, program planning,
Chapter 3 RISK
1. The impact of risk on the financial management of sport organizations
2. How to calculate and interpret stand-alone risk and portfolio risk
3. The impact of risk on players and agents
4. The sources of risk imp
Time Value of Money
Key Concepts p. 87 and Glossary
1. How present value and future value concepts impact the financial operation of sport
2. How inflation, liquidity and risk impact the financial operations of sport
Chapter 2 Analyzing Financial Statements and Ratios
Key Concepts p. 33 and check Glossary p 442-452
The balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows are vital tools to
be used by financial managers.
How to interpret data contained in f
HES 563 Student Lab Manual
3 Hour Course
Student Lab Manual
Dr. Reuben W. Cook
206 Adams Hall
Sport Management Program
College of Human Environment Sciences
The University of Alabama
CHAPTER 1 PROBLEMS
Introduction to Managerial Accounting