Flour & Flour Mixtures, Flour Mixture Ingredients
Leavening agents- bacteria
- Harmless bacteria that generate CO2 for leavening sourdough and salt-rising breads
- Consists of a bacterium you cultivate grow
- Used in production of certain foods
September 13, 2016
Lab #3 Starch and Cereal Cookery
1) What is starch slurry and why are they used when thickening sauces or gravy?
-Starch slurry is cornstarch and water; it is used as a thickening agent because it does not
February 20, 2014
Lab 4 Cakes
1. What role does flour play in the cake?
-The protein from the flour (as well as eggs) adds strength and structure too the
2. What roles does sugar play in the cake?
-Sugar (as well as fats)