Identifying and establishing brand positioning and values
- Customer Based Brand Equity; Brand equity (general definition): brand equity consists of
the marketing effects uniquely attributable to a brand.; Customer based brand equity:
CHAPTER 2 REVIEW
*What are the five steps to crafting and executing a strategy?
DEVELOP A STRATEGIC VISION
CRAFT A STRATEGY TO ACHIEVE THE OBJECTIVES
IMPLEMENT AND EXECUTE THE CHOSEN STRATEGY EFFICIENTLY
Ask about four themes. Finish the nickel and then add the 5th theme.
Chapter 1 Discussion
What do you and/or the book think strategy is?
A plan to outperform competitors and achieve superior profitability.
What does strategy seek to give you?
Mention Under Armour announcement
Strategic Positionemphasize that this needs to be mentioned in the paper. Either at the
beginning or simply attach a chart or a heading that shows you have considered this.
Fill-in the chart
Were now talking internal analysis. Were looking for internal tools against which to
What is one effective way of measuring your strategic performance?
Compare yourself against other companies in the same industry.
Lots of peo
Measuring Brand Performance
- Measuring Brand Knowledge: "Ideally, marketers would be able to construct detailed mental
maps of consumers to understand exactly what exists in their minds all their thoughts,
feelings, perceptions, images, be
- Pricing Strategy: Selection of price tier, Method for setting current prices, Promotion policy
- Price Tiers: Price tiers influence quality and value associations
- Price-Quality Associations: Price tier positioning is closely related to
Measuring and interpreting brand performance
- The Brand Value Chain: "The brand value chain is a structured approach to assessing the
sources and outcomes of brand equity and the manner by which marketing activities create
brand value."; V
A Study on Color Effects of Brand Logos
- Bottomley & Doyle (2006)
Research Question: Colors evoke associations firms can use to create a certain brand
image; Does the appropriateness of color for a certain brand name depend on the product
Introduction to Strategic Brand Management
- Brand Definition: name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of them,
intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to
differentiate them from those
Growing and sustaining brand equity
- Brand Architecture: "The . brand architecture . tells marketers which brand names,
logos, symbols, and so forth to apply to which new and existing products."
- Breadth of the Branding Strategy: "The bre
- Brand Judgments: customers personal opinions about and evaluations of the brand, which
consumers form by putting together all the different brand performance and imagery
associations; Brand attitude, Brand credibility, Brand consideration
CHAPTER 3 REVIEW QUESTIONS
Begin by telling Patton/Rommel movie story
Rommel was known as The Desert Fox
First do Chapter 3; then finish the Vision/Values/Mission/Model stuff.
Mention the massive importance of Chapters 3, 4, and 5. Here is the very core o