July 12, 2016
Finniss Pro-Life Argument
1. If fetuses are human persons, then act tokens involving abortion are morally wrong.
2. Fetuses are human persons.
3. Therefore, act tokens involving ab
PHL 223 Section 001
Spring 2014, Lecture
Dr. Stuart Rachels
Office Hours and Contact Information
Office: 323 ten Hoor Hall
Office Hours: MW 1:30-2:30 (on class days) and by appointment
Phone: 348-1875 (please leave a message if Im not
Argument from Similarities
Marijuana is no worse than alcohol or tobacco, so we should legalize it. A drug is defined
by Webster Dictionary as something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction,
habitation, or a marked chan
Questions on A Defense of Abortion by Judith Thomson.
1) Thomson describes that the premise for this argument is weak, and not argued very well.
She describes this argument as a slippery slope.
2) Thomson explains how a violinist needing life support sudd
Labor unions and their national boards are making it more difficult for US and local
businesses to thrive and should be restricted in their control and power. National labor unions are
proposing a rule that would restrict employers from takin