Dev Day 5 Quiz A
1. To detect the probe that has hybridized to your mem brane you incubate with an antibody
solution, wash and incubate with CSPD solution.
What antibody is in the antibody solution and why does it recognize the probe?
The solution contai
This is the DEV exam from last semester (Fall 2005). Answers
are provided in a separate file. We strongly suggest that you
work through the questions BEFORE you look at the answers.
Also, please note that Professor Steiner was NOT the lecturer
for the DEV
7.02 Quiz IV and Final
The primers used in the PCR reactions on RDM Day 2 are given below. Schematics of the Ara
operon and the mini-Tn10 transposon are also shown.
Ara C For binds at 6-25
Solutions to Dev Day 3 Quiz A
1. Today you are running a second denaturing agarose gel. The gel and the
running conditions will be the same, but today you will prepare two additional
samples, 10 ng of the plasmid pBSK, and 10 ng of the zcyt1 DNA fragment.
Dev Day 1 Quiz A
1. RNA isolation using the RNeasy kit requires the addition of reagents onto the
spin column in a particular order. Given the choices below, circle the correct
order from first to last.
1) embryo lysate+ acetone, 2) RNAse-free water, 3) B
Dev Day 2 Qu iz A
1. Today you will be running a denaturing agarose gel. The distance an RNA molecule
migrates on this gel is primarily a function of size .
2. After you have loaded and run your gel for a brief time.
Where would you expect to find the tRN
7.02 Quiz IV and Final
Write your name on this page and your initials on all the other pages in the space provided.
This exam has 16 pages including this coversheet. Check that you have pages 1-16.
This exam has 7 questions. Read a
Solutions to Biochemistry Day 4 Quizzes
Q u iz A
1. Today you will be running a denaturing SDS-page gel. In development you
ran denaturing agarorse gels.
What was the reason that we used denaturing conditions in development?
The denaturing conditions in
Solutions to Recombinant DNA Day 3 Quizzes
1. Today, you will electrophoresis your PCR products on an agarose gel.
Assume that you had an ara mutant containg an insertion of the miniTN10 into the araA locus. If you correctly complete the reactions
Solutions to Recombinant DNA Day 4 Quizzes
1. Today, you will transform your potential positive clones into a new strain of
E. coli cells, BL21(DE3). Why do we need to use this strain to test our pET-GFP
This strain carries th
Solutions to Recombinant DNA Day 2 Quizzes
1. In this module, you are hoping to express GFP in E. coli.
Why did we need to move the GFP out of the pUGFP plasmid and into the
pET vector for expression of GFP in E. coli?
We need a promoter that allow
Dev Day 4 Quiz A
1. During the hybridization step of todays prot ocol, the probe binds to the target sequence.
What is the target sequence? zcyt1 mRNA
Why does the probe bind to the target sequence?
It is single-stranded DNA that is complimentary to the
Biochemistry Day 5 Quiz A
1. Last time you ran a denaturing SDS-page gel and did Bradford assays. How
are those two techniques related?
Both technique s us e the same dye to stain all proteins.
2. After your gel has run, the protein samples will be transf
Solutions to Recombinant DNA Day 1 Quizzes
1. What are the two main goals of this module?
1) To express GFP in E. Coli cells
2) Determine the location of the transposon in the ara-mutants made in the
2. Why do we use CIP (calf int
Solutions to Biochemistry Day 3 Quizzes
1. You are purifying enzyme X, and want to use amm onium sulfate to precipitate
it out of the crude lysate. You begin by trying 20% amm onium sulfate and assay
the pellet and the supernatant. Which type of as