Electron Configuration Practice
1) Label and color the sublevels (s,p,d,f) on the blank periodic table below.
2) Complete the table below.
from the nucleus)
Date of Test:
Chemistry I Honors
Unit 5 Review 1
Multiple Choice: Be able to identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the
1) How many valence electrons does a carbon atom have?
A1 B.2C.3 D.4
Percent Composition of Hydrates Lab
Chemistry 1 Honors
Introduction and Objective:
Some ionic compounds, called hydrates, contain water molecules in their crystals. To note the number of
moles of water each formula unit contains, ! xH2O is added to the ch
Dream Car Project Rubric
Due Date: January 25, 2013
Name_ Vehicle _
Make and Model
_ (1 pt.)
Accurate Math Step Work
_ (10 pt.)
_ (1 pt.)
Accurate Direction Sheet
_ (2 pts.)
Description of Car &
Reason for Selecting It
(At least One Paragraph)
Atomic Mass Lab
Objective/Hypothesis: To find the atomic mass of skittles.
Materials: Skittles, Balance, Paper towel, Bowl/cup to put skittles in
1. Open your bag of candy on a clean surface or paper towel.
2. Count the total number of candies
Be sure to keep the candy on napkins or in cups if you wish to act as the disposal for
decayed candy at the end. No lab table candy can be eaten!
Can you find the average atomic mass of your Skittles?
Uranium is an element that has many
Chemistry I Honors Midterm Review
Multiple Choice: Be able to identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Which of the following measurements contains two signicant gures?
A. 0.004 00 L B. 0.004 04 L C. 0.000 44 L D.