Spring 2015-exam 2: Exam Wrapper
9. Why did Yamanaka replace the Fbx15 gene with 2 genes; one that causes a blue
color and the other that makes the cell resistant to a drug?
1. What went wrong? I picked option D, to verify the presenc
Spring 2015-exam 1: Exam Wrapper
5. What role do morphogens play in morphogenesis?
1. What went wrong? I picked option E, Morphogens establish gradients in
the extracellular space, trigger phagocytosis, and help neighboring cells
In current stem cell research, mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) feeder layers are
commonly used to generate human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs). But the
risks of animal pathogen transmission induce clinical concern over use of hiPSC
Alzheimers Click and Learn; BIOL2299
Use this link to answer the following questions:
1. How does AD ultimately affect brain function and morphology?
2. What is Beta Amlyoid and where does it come from?
Using fibroblast-like cells derived from Human iPSCs as feeder layer
for iPSC derivation
Eliana Zhou, Northeastern University, Boston MA
Results & Discussion
HiPSCs grown on MEF feeder cells might lead to immunogenic resp