1. Define a project. What are five characteristics that help differentiate projects from other
functions carried out in the daily operations of the organization?
A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result.
1. How does resource scheduling tie to project priority?
Resource scheduling ties to project priority, because resources are limited. The priority system
ranks projects which then determine which project each resource should work on first.
2. How does res
1. What are the differences between the five-stage model of team development and the
punctuated equilibrium model?
Groups begin by combining the forming and norming stages, then go through a period of low
performing, followed by storming, then a period of
1. What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of the functional,
matrix, and dedicated team approaches to managing projects?
a. The functional approach:
There is no radical alteration in basic structures of the parent organization.
1. What are the six elements of a typical scope statement?
1) Project objective
4) Technical requirements
5) Limits and exclusions
6) Reviews with customer.
2. What questions does a project objective answer?
How much, how lon