June 30, 2016
The purity of a solid may be determined by measuring its melting point. The
melting point is the temperature at which the solid and liquid states of a substance are
in equilibrium at atmospheric pressure. Melting points are ge
June 30, 2016
Recrystallization is a common method used to purify a sample. As the name
implies a solid sample with suspect purity is dissolved in an appropriate solvent. The
dissolution process is achieved by heating or changing the pH. Wh
June 15, 2016
A separation technique, commonly used in an organic chemistry lab setting, is that of an
extraction. An extraction, meaning to withdraw from or pull out, can be used by dentists,
doctors, as well as chemists. In chemistry, an
BIO 310 Ch. 6 Assignment
1. Explain by illustration the Light and Dark reactions of photosynthesis.
2. How does the PAR to the leaf influence the rate of photosynthesis?
3. How is CO2 taken up by aquatic autotrophs?
- Aquatic plants get water and carbon d
BIO 310 Test 2 Review
1) An organism's structure and _ reflect adaptations to its particular environment.
2) The alternate forms of a gene are called _.
3) The o
Chemistry 100 Study Guide
1. Name the following hydrocarbon, identify the functional group and give the
product of the following addition reaction with hydrogen.
2. a. Give the IUPAC name for CH3-C-CH2-CH2-CH
Classify the following amines as primary, secondary or tertiary:
Primary: (i) and (iii)
(i) Write structures of different isomeric amines