Documentary Questions for The Search for Scientific
Please click on the link to view the Youtube documentary, "The Search for Scientific
Adam". If you are unable to click the link, copy and paste it into the search bar.
After viewing the documentary,
Cell Biology Study Guide for Exam #2
Chapter 5: Bioenergetics flow of energy in the cell
1. Review bold and italicized definitions.
Special emphasis on type of works
o Synthetic work: the process of photosynthesis
o Mechanical work: the co
Cell Biology Study Guide (Test 1)
Chapters 1 - 4
Read carefully italicized and bold print terms and statements (Highlighted text).
Read information in subtopic titles.
Read carefully summary of key points in the end of the chapter.
Quiz 1 (chapters 1 - 4)
1. Cell biology is emerged from
a) genetics b) biochemistry c) cytology
d) all of the above
e) none of the above d
2. When a scientist uses the scientific method, they use the term their degree of certainty. Which
of the following
1. Identify three major similarities and differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
2. Where is the DNA housed in a prokaryotic cell? Where is it housed in a eukaryotic cell?
Identify three structures which provide support
Lab 20: Energy and Photosynthesis
1. Describe how the functional units for beta carotene, xanthophyll, chlorophyll A, and
chlorophyll B are different. Be sure to identify the subunits that adhere to paper during
All forms of life one Earth, except for some bacteria,
derive their energy either directly or indirectly from
Photosynthesis is the process in which CO2 and H2O
are converted into carbohydrates such as s
Cell Cycle and Mitosis
The Cell Cycle
The cell cycle or cell division cycle is the series of events that take place in a eukaryotic cell
between its formation and the moment it replicates itself. These events can be divided into 2
main parts: Interphase a
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY CHAPTER 20 LSCC: SPRING 2017
STUDY GUIDE: Multiple Choice Questions
1) If the albumin levels are altered how will this effect capillary exchange?.
2) What would the body response be to substantial blood loss.
3) During prolonged physi
Between two variables is one in which the relationship can be accurately
represented by a straight line
Negative and Positive relationships
Positive relationships indicate that there is a direct relationship between the
Running head: EXAMINATION TWO
Alabama State University
1. What is the significance of the following court cases? (30 points)
a. Mills v. Board of Education, 1972
Mills v. Board of Education
Quiz 8-Open Book
Name: Aliyah McCray
True or False:
1. Alcohol is statistically associated with homicide, assault, family violence, and suicide. True
2. Alcohol is made by yeasts in a process called fermentation, and distillation is a proc
BIO 1050 - Introduction to
Chapter 4 Species Interactions and
Instructional Support Lab ISL
Tutor: Gayle Smith
Goodwyn Hall 203
Monday from 9:00-6:30,
Tuesday from 2:00-7:30
Thursdays from 2:00-8:00
BIO 1050 - Introduction to
Chapter 10 Environmental Health and
This lecture will help you understand:
Environmental health and environmental hazards
Toxic substances in the environment
Movement of toxic substances
Biology 1051 Environmental Biology Lab Mid-Term Study Guide
A. Tragedy of the Commons
a. The Tragedy of the Commons was a book written by Garret Hardin that described what happens to
natural resources that are shared by many (commons). The problem with th
Fall 2016 Academic Calendar
August 17-December 2
8 Week Session I
August 17-October 14
8 Week Session II October 17- December 2
Fall Faculty Institute
Halle Berry is one of my favorite actresses of all time. She is one of the highest paid
actresses in Hollywood. She won an Academy Award for Best Actress in 2002 for her
performance in the romantic drama Monsters Ball (2001), which made her the on
Let Me Out
12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m.
Ms. Jameelah Brown
Growing up as a child and even when I became an adult, I never had to deal with peer
pressure. I am the type of person who does not mind speaking bold
HUM 103- Final Exam
December 7, 2016
1. Explain disfranchisement and identify how it might be occurring today.
Disfranchisement-the revocation of the right of suffrage of a person or group of
people, or through practices,
Lecture Bio 127-07
January 17, 2017
1. Characteristics that all living things have in common are:
Acquire materials and energy
Respond to stimuli
Grow and develop
Have the Capacity to ad
Wednesday 14, 2016
It comes to know surprise to me that the government arranged for certain African Americans to
be assassinated. This battle did not just happen overnight. Black America has been
January 17, 2017
Title: Chocolate candy in the heat
Observation: My observation is how chocolate candy change its shape once left in the heat
Question: My questions are:
1. How chocolate candy melts in a hot
BIO 127 Exam 1 (Dr. Praseetha Subbarayan)
1. Organs are composed of tissues, which are composed of cells. This is an example of which
characteristic of life?
A. Living things grow and develop.
B. Living things respond to stimuli.
C. Living things maintain
Jada Jamison Belser
1. What do you think the experimental question is?
I think the experimental question will be which treatment is the most effective in combating two
types of bacteria.
2. The null hypotheses will be there is no difference among
Adapted from the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
Katelyn was excited to start her summer job in her microbiology professors research
laboratory. She had enjoyed Dr. Johnsons class, and when she saw the flyer recruit
The Flow of Genetic Information
Complete the following exercise.
1. Replicate the following DNA nucleotide sequence:
2. Transcribe the template sequence.
3. Translate the transcript (you must use the Genetic C