How to use the simulation app
Do not use the controls under AUTO PLOTTING in this simulation.
Selecting and placing charges
1. Click on ADD/MODIFY button
2. To select a charge of a particular magnitude and sign, slide the slider bar to the left or right.
REFLECTION AND REFRACTION OF LIGHT
1. Go online to http:/phet.colorado.edu/.
2. Click on PLAY WITH SIMS.
3. Click on PHYSICS in the left panel.
4. Click on LIGHT & RADIATION.
5. Select the applet BENDING LIGHT
6. Pick the protractor and a
PartB The capacitor is now disconnected from the battery, and the plates of the capacitor are then slowly pulled apart until the separation reaches . Find the new energy of the capacitor after this process. Express your answer in terms of = , , , and .