ARNY Chapter 3
3. Inertia and gravity are both involved in an orbit because the balance between inertia
the force of gravity maintains the orbit.
7. Newtons law of gravity is that every mass exerts a force of attraction on every other
mass. The streng
Arny Chapter : #6
7. The relation between rising and sinking material in the Earths interior and subduction
and rifting is that they are created by heat.
15. Ozone is another molecular form of oxygen. Ozone is important because it is a strong
Arny Chapter : #8
8. An interstellar cloud is an enormous rotating aggregate of gas and dust in between the
stars. What it has to do with the solar system is that the solar nebula theory proposes that
the solar system was born from one 4.6 billion yea
Arny Chapter : #4
4. The Electromagnetic Spectrum is what scientists use to determine the difference
between electromagnetic curve and visible lights wavelengths by indicating their
10. Some of the things t
Arny Chapter : #9
8. Venus is so hot because of extremely strong runaway greenhouse effect. Venus has
about 300,000 times more carbon dioxide than earth and so its greenhouse effect is much
12. Some of the surface features seen on Mars are t
Arny Chapter : #10
9. Io is subject to a strong and changing gravitational force from Jupiter that distorts its
shape. The heat source is thought to be internal friction.
10. Saturns rings are made of ice, dust, and rocks. As
Arny Chapter : #11
6. Typical asteroids are irregular shaped and we know this because of the collisions which
leave their bodies pitted and lumpy. Ceres does not have this shape because its
gravitational force is strong enoug
Arny Chapter : #12
3. The sun is made of hot gas. Most of this gas is hydrogen, about 71%, helium, about
27% and 2% vaporized heavier elements such as carbon and iron.
9. The photosphere is the innermost layer of the sun's a
Arny Chapter : #7
1. A crater is a circular pit formed by the impact of solid bodies, such as asteroids. Some
contain marias because of solidified lava from earlier periods of lunar volcanism.
5. The structure and composition of the moon is the Mare,
Solar Sunspot Activity on our Climate
It is widely accepted that activity within the Sun can have significant effects on the solar
system. This is mainly due to the interaction of the stars surface with its magnetic field.
Patches of cool
Mitzronomgl.r HIDQuiz 4
INSTRUCTIONS: Writo your name and ID number on the millan grading form. Chm the
Lnltur of the [IHIN'IIIRE [loll 3.1m think but amt-urn: tho qllpsltrm.
Um? n #2 Pencil on the computer growling form. Bo c
Arny Chapter : #13
5. What astronomers mean by an inverse-square law is that it relates an objects
luminosity to its distance and its apparent brightness- that is, how bright it looks to us.
13. An eclipsing binary is a binar