1. (4 points) Which statement describes why enzymes can increase the rate of a reaction?
Enzymes make non-spontaneous reactions spontaneous.
Enzymes decrease the activation energy of the reaction they catalyze
Enzymes make thermodynamically
Midterm Exam Version A
Multiple choice: 3 points each.
1) What is the version of your exam?
DNA polymerases often make mistakes during replication but these mistakes are fixed either by
the 3-5 exonuclease activity of the polymerase or by misma
Take home Exam 3 (Multiple choice 3.5 points each)
1) The following is a schematic of a pre mRNA molecule. Exons are indicated by black boxes. The 5 end of the
RNA is always to the left. What element is found at B?
A) 3 utr
C) poly A
Take home exam 2
Multiple choice. Fill your answers to these questions on the opscan sheet. (2.5 points each)
1) The chromosome DNA in cells is more compact during:
2) If you were able to swim around in the nucleu
Student Name: _
Biochem 275 Exam #4
1 point for taking the exam.
Multiple choices (3 points each):
1) In general, regulatory transcription factors in eukaryotes directly interact with the following, EXCEPT
A. General transcription factors
Highlighted words are only meant to help you read. They dont necessarily point to the right answers.
1) In eukaryotes, which of the three steps of transcription is most important (subject to the largest number
Multiple choice (2 points each)
1) PCR is a method used in the lab to make copies of DNA. If you started a PCR reaction with one
molecule of DNA how many molecules of DNA would you have after three complete cycles of PCR?
Multiple choice. There is only one correct answer for each question (2 points each)
1) What types of proteins might you expect to find bound to chromosomes in your cells?
proteins that transcribe genes
proteins that comp
Extra Credit Discussion Question (10 points) Watch the video link below and respond to the
discussion question at the end.
Milgram Experiment (Darren Brown replication video)
Original Milgram experiment findings