ECE 302 Exam II
Complex Power Formula
Vm = V0
Im = I0
Ik = Im
Z L = L90
VL = LI L
I C = CVC
I L (t ) = VL dt
Z R = R0
VC (t ) = I C dt
* VV * *
P = VI = * =
ECE 302 Complex Power Notes
For power calculations the magnitude of the phasor must be an RMS value.
Then we define the complex power as,
P = V I * where the asterisk implies the complex congregate.
I = A I * = A
We also have P = *
and P = I Z
ME 302 - Mechanical Engineering Laboratory I
Experiment 4 Fracture Toughness and Strength
(1 week) (revised 1/24/09) Objectives: To understand the principles of impact testing and its use in characterizing fracture toughness. To understand the relationshi
Instructions for tensile testing metal specimens on the
1. Put on safety shields or glasses when operating the Instron machine.
2. Push in emergency stop button whenever there is a threat.
1. Measure the specimens dimensions a
MIE 302 - Mechanical Engineering Laboratory I
Statistics of Measurements
Objectives: a) To introduce the concept of mean value, x , standard deviation, Sx,
standard error of the mean, x , and histograms using har
Operation of the Instron Dynatup impact tester.
(Revised on 9/8/10)
* Turn on computer
* Turn on data acquisition unit (white box next to tester)
* Drop height and mass selection and set-up:
Choose the needed potential energy (PE) for fractu
1. For the circuit of Figure 1, I (t ) = Cos[1000t + 30] ARMS. Find V .
2. Given the circuit of Figure 2, find the real, apparent and reactive power
supplied by V(t) = 120 Cos[120 t ] VRMS. W