Describe the magnetic field
produced by an electric current.
Explain how an electromagnet
produces a magnetic field.
Describe how electromagnets
Explain how an electric motor
Compare and contrast alpha,
beta, and gamma radiation.
Define the half-life of a radioactive material.
Describe the process of radioactive dating.
Nuclear decay produces nuclear radiation that can both harm peopl
Experiment on Simulating Radioactive Decay
Curry, Kenny, and Henry
The goals of this activity are for you to:
1. Understand the nature of how radioactive materials decay
2. Make a logarithmic graph of radioactive decay and growth
3. Be able to use
Describe how radioactivity can be
detected in cloud and bubble
Explain how an electroscope can
be used to detect radiation.
Explain how a Geiger counter can
measure nuclear radiation.
Producing Electric Current
Describe how a generator
produces an electric current.
Distinguish between alternating
current and direct current.
Explain how a transformer can
change the voltage o
Experiment on Electromagnetism
A Computer Simulation Investigation
Choose the Electromagnet Tab.
For this investigation tick the following:
compass (put on the same place all the time)
field meter (put on the same place all
Experiment on Electromagnetic Induction
Curry and JoJo
A Computer Simulation Investigation
Choose the Pickup Coil Tab.
Moving a magnet in and out of the pickup coil causes the electrons to move in the coil. In this
investigation, you will observe the
Increasing the voltage of the battery- compass has no change; moved the
reading increases as voltage increases.
Switching the polarities of the battery- compass turns, the reading
increases as voltage increases.; no effect
Decreasing the number
Looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven Active Directory, DNS, or Windows Server professional
looking to take their career towards a new direction by becoming a Microsoft Messaging (Exchange/Lync)
consultant. We offer comprehensive technical and
Overseas Questionnaire / Additional screening questions
The questions below will assist us in understanding your current situation and how that fits in
regards to your interest in relocating to New Zealand.
Please note we are not immigration c
TEAM WORK PLAN
The Team Work Plan is to be used for planning the team assignment.Faculty
expect each member to make a meaningful contribution to the weekly
assignments and to follow the process outlined in the work plan. . Remember,
Revolutionary change often creates a paradigm shift. Given a new paradigm, it would be beneficial to
redraw the cybersecurity landscape, critically assessing how the problem of cybersecurity should be
What exactly is cybersecurity? Is it
Food Preservation: Why & How?
Food Science 120
Why food goes bad
Julie M. Goddard, Ph.D.
Thanks to Prof. Amanda Kinchla!
What is spoilage?
Spoilage is the process in which food
deteriorates to the point in which the sensory
attributes are no lo
1. Which food requires the most water for its production?
2. How much fresh water is on Earth?
3. Water is _, compared to ice.
1. Which of the following is not a basic taste sensation?
2. Which is NOT one of the 5 basic tastes:
1. Which government organization oversees the slaughtering and butchering of livestock?
2. Which government agency deals with shell eggs?
1. What type of bonds bind amino acids together to form proteins?
2. Which is NOT a common structural protein in food?
1. Which produce item is classifies as a legume?
A) Green Beans
2.Which of the following is true of the composition of most fruits and vegetables?
A) >70% water
B) 0% fat
1. Which macronutrient is the most calorie dense per gram?
2. What is hunger?
A.) The psychological desire to eat or an interest in food
B.) The physiologica
1. Which of the following does not contribute to food insecurity?
A) Physical Access
C) Regional disaster
D) Population growth
E) Insufficient global food production
2. What percentage of food in th
1. If a lipid remains solid at room temperature, it is considered a _?
C) Solid Lipid
2. What is the correct definition of the "flash point?"
A. Temperature at which lipid first ignites
FOOD-SCI120-SEC01 SP16-confections chocolate
1. Which of the following is a crystalline sugar candy?
B) Peanut brittle
C) Sour balls
2. Which is NOT a factor affecting crystal growth?
1. Which cranial nerve is responsible for the chemical irritant portion of taste?
2. Which is NOT a type of texture?
1. Which of the following is considered to be a high intensity sweetener?
D) High-Fructose Corn Syrup
2. What are the three carbohydrate classes?
Two Basic Beer Types
An Introduction to
Malting and Brewing
Top fermenting yeast
Bottom fermenting yeast
Warmer fermenting temperature
Colder fermenting temperature
Longer maturation at colder
D ANA WO NG
Captivity: Yay or Nay
Captivity is an issue that is frequently discussed in the news, often with the main topic being
whether it is morally correct or not. While there are benefits for animals that are held
Orcinus Orcas are some of the most peaceful marine animals. Orcas, also known as Killer
whales, are becoming better known among the public because of large parks, like Sea World, that
Reading review questions for NRC 261
From Krausman and Cain (2013)
Chapter 1 Defining Wildlife and Wildlife Management
What is the difference between the client model and the stakeholder model of
Know the difference